Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 miners found

12 miners found

Good news, 12 of the 13 miners trapped in West Virginia are confirmed, at this moment, ALIVE !!!

Prayers go out to the 13th miner who was killed, presumed to be Terry Helms.

Let's hope the rescue mission (in getting those miners out safely) goes smooth!

Last I heard, they didn't know about the other 12! Thanks for the update. Lots of prayers going out for them and the gentleman who didn't make it. I don't think we think about those people who do such dangerous work.

I've been Boooo'd!

Prayers to all families involved,... and Thank god they are starting to kick the Media out. These families have been through enough.

TALLMANSVILLE, W.Va. - In a stunning and heartbreaking reversal, family members were told early Wednesday that 12 of 13 trapped coal miners were dead — three hours after they began celebrating news that they were alive. The sole survivor, Randal McCloy, was in critical condition but showing no sign of brain damage or carbon monoxide poisoning after being trapped for 1 1/2 days, a doctor said. At 27, McCloy was the youngest in the group.

That is so sad.

That is so sad. I woke up this morning and turned on the TV immediately, expecting to hear all of them were out and alive and safe, only to hear the exact opposite. That's just heartbreaking and my prayers go out to the families.

If anyone has lived around the coal mining families as I have, you know how family is everything to those people. My heart is breaking for them. They know nothing else but working in the mines to support their families. They do it every day without any complaints. I'm saddened so deeply, I can't talk about it without breaking down. God Bless all those family members and I pray that the young man that survived will be okay

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

When the story broke, something in the back of my head was telling me something was not right.....I was wondering why these guys didn't come out of there RUNNING!!!!

When an accident like that happens the authorities MOVE to get any survivors out..there didn't seem to be that hurry in this case..

This is a tough lesson for everyone involved.

The moning company, for allowing the media into the rescue/command center.
    The media, who will always try to out do each other for the "breaking news".
    and the stupid public, which I am one of, for believing everything (almost) that I see on TV.....

I have always been against the news sticking a microphone into someone's mug to get the story....there were days when people slammed the door in the
    faces of the reporters...

Now everyone wants there 15 minutes..even at a loved ones expense...

Of course Geraldo, Rita, Hannity, Colmes and all the rest of the bobos won't get nailed, or even apologize for THIS one.

We deserve the news we get.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    When the story broke, something in the back of my head was telling me something was not right.....I was wondering why these guys didn't come out of there RUNNING!!!!

When an accident like that happens the authorities MOVE to get any survivors out..there didn't seem to be that hurry in this case..

This is a tough lesson for everyone involved.

The moning company, for allowing the media into the rescue/command center.
    The media, who will always try to out do each other for the "breaking news".
    and the stupid public, which I am one of, for believing everything (almost) that I see on TV.....

I have always been against the news sticking a microphone into someone's mug to get the story....there were days when people slammed the door in the
    faces of the reporters...

Now everyone wants there 15 minutes..even at a loved ones expense...

Of course Geraldo, Rita, Hannity, Colmes and all the rest of the bobos won't get nailed, or even apologize for THIS one.

I absolutely agree, RICHARD. Especially with Geraldo trying to interview a friend of one of those miners when the man was so grief-stricken he could barely speak. As I said, This has become a big media circus.

CNN was just as bad as FOX on this one!!!

At least they got one out alive. Small comfort for the ones who lost loved ones, I know. Prayers for all the families still continuing from me!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got an email from my friend that works at the WVU hosp....she told me that there are tons of news vans outside.....

Freaking vultures.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Last I heard was that 12 miners are presumed dead and 1 survivor who is in critical condition,has been taken to the hospital with life threating conditions.

Thoughts and prayers are with all families at this time.

How heart breaking it must have been having false hope that there were 12 alive.My heart goes out for them

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Here's an update on what's going on OUTSIDE the WVU facility...

There are about 156 news trucks outside the building and the security folks
    are chasing off all the reporters who are trying to make it into the building where the survivor is.

---------------------------

On a sidenote.

How many people woke up to read the newspaper headline saying that 12 miners were found alive?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

On a sidenote.

How many people woke up to read the newspaper headline saying that 12 miners were found alive?
    I think just about everyone did, unfortunately. I was talking to my parents this morning and I was commenting on how sad this situation was, and my dad was like "hm? they found 12 of them alive...??" He hadn't turned on the TV this morning, only read the paper, so he had no clue what really had happened. He was blown away after I told him, needless to say.

This is tragic news. 12 miners are gone. That is very upseting. Prayers to them and their families and the last miner coming from NJ tonight.
    Last edited by Alysser; 01-04-2006 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Mistake

?? 12 of them did not survive. It is a confirmed fact. Only one miner did survive and he is in the hospital. It has been all over CNN and other networks. The inital report that 12 survived was erroneous information (not mine, it was reported last night.)