Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays! One-Two-One

Thursdays! One-Two-One

Rattle, rattle, rattle - darn, can't get these keys to work this morning.

Uuumphhhh - there - finally got the door open. Must be the humidity this morning.

Aaccckkk, this place doesn't smell very nice. Guess I should air it out for a while.

Where is everybody this morning? I'll make some coffee and see if any of Slick's Baileys is left.

I'm hungry too - hmmm.............pancakes........real maple syrup..........some nice thick bacon...............yum!

Hello Gini! Can I pop in for some of that breakfast, it sounds delicious. I only had american pancakes once, I ought to try it again!

Can I have a Cafe au lait with it, please? - and I think I can handle a glass of Slick's Baileys too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Was Mario sticking cherry stems into the lock again? I've told him not to do that.

Yikes - what is that smell? wait - that's the smell of bacon. Yummy - it smells delicious. How 'bout I make some fresh squeezed orange juice - mimosas anyone?

These are not the droids you were looking for

Now we are talking - about time some of you showed up.

Randi, Catland - hope you enjoy the pancakes and the thick sliced bacon.

Mimosas? Just the right touch to get us all moving this morning!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Randi, I just realized that you are having this virtual breakfast around your dinner time!!

Thursday one-two-one

mmm lets see CA is two hours behind TX so maybe can make breakfast & it still be warm & or gone.. Yes I know the feeling..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'll take anything with alcohol! (Having a bad day at work )

My goodness.....you are up and at 'em early Gini....

MMM that breakfast sure smells good. I brought some Canadian Back Bacon if anyone wants it.

Two things:
    Did you guys see that announcement in General? Karen was saying that she was going to delete all the posts in the Dog House. Don't know when and don't know if she means ALL or just OLD ones. It could mean that this one will go too.

Also, I've got a busy day today so will try to stop in from time to time but no guarantees. It's going to be very hot here today - close to 90 - thank goodness for my air conditioned office.

Have fun everyone and I'll take some breakfast to go. Later.

Love you all!!!!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Last edited by slick; 08-25-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

You're right Gini, it is dinnertime here - that's why I'm so hungry. Hearing the word bacon and pancakes ..... uhh, I'm drooling! Funny though, you all seem to want your bacon thick sliced - John did too. I want mine thin sliced and crisp.

I don't think we have to worry about the Doghouse threads, it may only be the attachments - or very old threads. In any case, you'd better get busy copying the ones you want!

Slick, I feel bad for you - you don't need another busy day in that heat! Take a break and sit down next to me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Howdy partners, how's tricks? Not to worry Slick.. I'm quite sure Karen just meant "offing" the old ones and is asking for help in getting rid of very large, very old threads - YIKES! I just thought of a few old favorites I had best try to save separately except YIKES! I no longer have a home computer at least for another week or so I can't be using up space at work on saving threads like "AMUCK AMUCK" or "CLAM JUZ" or "FELINE CRUISE" or "CAT OLYMPICS". hmmm, better slide a few of those Mimosa's this way before I start to cry in my beer. Maybe she and Paul can figure out what to do before they resort to drastic measures. Sorry I can't visit long - stoopid wurk I did bring some summer flowers from the garden for everyone to wear behind their ears, yes Mario... you too sweetie. Oh Riiiiichard! I brought you a bachelor's button so you can join us too. Oggie? David? Hi Randi!!

The cat olympics one has to be one of my all time favorite threads. That gave me a lot of laughs at work and home. Hope everyone's day is going well. It's just now starting to get a bit nasty because of that hurricane. It shouldn't be too bad this time, hopefully. Right now it's good napping weather. Here's a hurricane drink recipe if anyone wants to try one today.
    Taken from www.cajuncookingrecipes.com

Hurricane Drink Recipe

2 ounces amber rum
    1/4 cup passion fruit juice, or 1 tablespoon passion fruit syrup
    1 teaspoon superfine sugar
    1/2 teaspoon grenadine
    Juice of 1/2 lime
    Cherries and orange slice to garnish
    Ice cubes

In a cocktail shaker mix the rum, passion fruit juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the grenadine, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add the ice cubes and shake. Strain Hurricane into a cocktail glass. Garnish with orange and cherries. Yield: 1 serving

Interesting tidbits of the origin of this famous drink:

The creation of this passion-colored relative of a Daiquiri drink is credited to Pat O'Brien. He is reported to have invented the Hurricane in the 1940s in New Orleans. Rumors say he needed to get rid of all the rum that Southern distributors forced him to buy before he could get a few cases of other spirits. He poured the concocosion into hurricane-lamp-shaped glasses and gave it away to sailors. The drink caught on, and it's been part of the celebration ever since.

Pat O'Brien operated a speakeasy during prohibition known as, "Mr. O'Brien's Club Tipperary". The password to get in was, "storm's brewin'". In 1933, after the repeal of prohibition, he moved across the street, opened Pat O'Briens, and later down to the present location at 718 St. Peter, in the French Quarter. During W.W.II, it was difficult to get whiskey, but rum was in ample supply. With the help of the liquor salesman, this cocktail was born. It is served in a 26 oz. Hurricane glass, which is named after the shape of a hurricane lamp and the drink.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

He he, it is 8 pm here! My thursday is almost gone now. GOOD!! I am tired and very hungry too! What are you having for dinner Randi?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by slick
    Did you guys see that announcement in General? Karen was saying that she was going to delete all the posts in the Dog House. Don't know when and don't know if she means ALL or just OLD ones. It could mean that this one will to too.
    How old is old?

Hi everyone!!!
    Been having thunderstorms since 11:30 last night. Nice and cool and wet. Soon to change to humid, hot and steamy! We will be joining slick in the 90s!

My hair has looked like I put my finger in a light socket all summer! Such frizzies!

My 4 kitty kids would sure like iced catnip tea. I'm opting for a cherry limeade and some nachos!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Laurie!! It's not fair - work taking taking up so much of your time! And not even a computer at home! A good thing the Bar is open!! Perhaps there's even a good film on TV.

I'd love to try one of those Hurricane Drinks, I can't think of better ingredients. See if you can sneak out early, and we'll have a couple of those!

Hi Lut! I hope your weather isn't as boring as here, it's been raining all day. I just had pork chops with broccoli - quite tasty actually. What are you having? Is Maya preparing for the party? Does Inka help?

Apart from Amuck Amuck (not even sure about that one) I'm pretty sure the rest of the threads mentioned are NOT in the Doghouse. We can all relax!

Oh no, Inka doesn't know about the party!
    Today I've been working on pics; making tubes of the visitors! I hope I can make something decent with those
    About my dinner: I will have some yoghurt, as my stomach is upset....

One cappucino for me please!

ps. It has been raining a lot too! So depressing...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hi, everyone! Sorry I'm late, (do I need a tardy slip?). I had to do something called work for eight hours. Could I have a coffee & Baileys, and three CNTs for the girls.