Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a silly question...but...

This is a silly question...but...

...do any of your cats have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), when it comes to covering their litter, LOL. Dandy goes in and then covers it any then leaves the box. Guinness, on the other hand, has to prep a pile of litter , so that when he is done his business, he has it all ready to cover and then he has to make sure it is extremely well covered before he exits the box. It is just funny to watch...i know cats are very clean animals, but he is just over the top...but i love him to pieces!!
    Robyn

Bassett covers her piddles with half of the litter in the box hehe

But that's only if the box is clean If there are too many other clumps she leaves it uncovered in peaceful protest

Juni does the same as Guinness

Not for the box, but at dinnertime Neko does counterclockwise laps around the kitchen table. Everyone who comes to the house and sees this thinks its hilarious!! And when we were redoing the kitchen and the table wasn't there, Brian had to stand where the table was so that Neko could do his counterclockwise laps around him!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Hayley acts the same as Dandy and Mandy is the same as Guinness. I find it funny to watch as well. Sometimes if Hayley don't have hers covered enough, Mandy will continue to cover it for her! LOL! She is a real digger!
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Your Alpha cat will either not cover or cover lightly, and the subordinates will be very fastidious. I, of course with 13, have both those that leave the box without even touching the litter and those that dig to China. I even have one, FERN, who leaves the box so neat it doesn't even look like she did anything.

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    Your Alpha cat will either not cover or cover lightly, and the subordinates will be very fastidious.
    That sure sounds accurate to me! Trevor of course is Mr. Alpha Cat in this house and he covers with much less gusto than Andy. Andy gets in the box and digs and digs sending litter outside of the box. I have even seen him covering some of Trevor's contributions to the box. I could have my eyes closed and I would know by the sound of the scratching who is going potty!

Originally posted by neko1
    And when we were redoing the kitchen and the table wasn't there, Brian had to stand where the table was so that Neko could do his counterclockwise laps around him!!
    That is hilarious!!!

Nakita will spend a long time in the litterbox. Every granual of litter has to be rearranged to her specifications. Thank goodness I have a covered litterbox, otherwise I would be cleaning up all the time.

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Originally posted by Russian Blue

That is hilarious!!!

Nakita will spend a long time in the litterbox. Every granual of litter has to be rearranged to her specifications. Thank goodness I have a covered litterbox, otherwise I would be cleaning up all the time.

I got a covered litter box as well but somehow Hayley manages to get litter all over the room. I think she takes paw fulls of it as she leaves the box and then proceeds to throw it around.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Inka needs 3 times more time to cover her "business" than Maya!

Bosun will stand on the edge of the box and use one paw to cover, and she digs and digs and digs!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I really need to get one of those covered litter boxes- Ally thinks there are diamonds in the bottom of her box, and half the litter is all over the kitchen floor when I get home from work. (I bought one of the boxes with the "lip" around the top, but it doesnt help much).

One other funny thing Ally does......my teenage son earns extra pocket money by doing the litter box for me. If he hasnt done it (or if Ally is not happy with the standard of his work) she stands in front of me and "digs" into the tiles or carpet then walks to her box and sticks one paw in. (It's like she is saying "look meowmy - Cammie hasn't done a good enough job" - of course he gets really fed up that he is getting "tittle-tailed" by the cat - LOL)!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Mine are like that. Both of them will spend at least a minute before and after they do what they ahve to do, and neither one of them will go when the other is in the room. BUT... they sure dont have a problem going when I am trying to clean the dang thing out... just hop right in and give mommy something more to clean, grr...

One of my guys is nurotic (sp?) about water running... you can't go to the bathroom without him running in with you, or pawing at the door. He could be all the way upstairs, but if you turn a tap on, he's right there on the counter (in the bathroom) or right by your side, holding onto the edge of the counter to watch in the kitchen. He learned the hard way... if he jumps on the counter in the kitchen, he gets thrown into the sink providing there's no dishes in it.

My story for the day
    - Carole

George was always with tidy with the litter tray but he was happy to go outside as soon as we let him out.

Milly on the other hand is very very messy.
    She empties all the litter, into a pile on the floor. Does her business in the box and then throws just enough litter into the tray to cover her business. Leaving a pile of clean litter next to the tray !!!

My partner has suggested we leave her an empty clean litter tray with a small pile of litter next to it !!! sigh. At least she gets some exercise digging.

Originally posted by PayItForward
    She empties all the litter, into a pile on the floor. Does her business in the box and then throws just enough litter into the tray to cover her business. Leaving a pile of clean litter next to the tray !!!
    She's saving money by using only the needed quantity of litter.