Thread: Does anyone understand what I mean?

Does anyone understand what I mean?

We went to the shelter 2 weeks ago and this really ugly (sorry ) dog stuck out to me. I swear it was like he was saying "pick me, pick me!" I got him out of his cage and OMG IS HE SWEET! He wouldn't leave my side, he stuck by me, didn't pull on the leash and if he walked even 2 steps ahead of me he would turn around and look at me. His coat is mostly black with some brown on him. His coat is fluffy around his neck, like a shelties, then as it goes down his back it gets thinner and thinner and then you get to his hinny it is about as short as a lab's coat! It's sooo cute. Well, anyway, as we had him out I sat on the ground and he climbed on my lap and kissed me and kissed me. I swear when you looked into his eyes you could see his whole soul. He is kind loving, gets along with kids, other dogs, and cats. Well, I hadn't been able to get him off my mind. I was dreaming about him, talking about him and thinking about him all the time. We went back to visit him today and I swear I almost cried, it was like I had lost Nova and was being re-united with her. I got him out and he instantly went past the otehr 2 people and straight to me and jumped on me and cried and cried. It was like he missed me to. I looked into his eyes and almost melted! It was love! We conected right there and then. I looked at him and though he has to be the most beautiful dog I have ever seen. When I got on the floor with him he calmed down and sat on my lap and kissed me and kissed me some more! I swear, he was ment for me.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Really connect with a dog and know that that dog is for you?

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Unfortunately, it happens to me way too often since I'm in shelters every day. Its really hard and I haven't found a way to avoid it yet.

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Everytime I visit the shelter.
    I've never thought of any of them as ugly though.

I'm going tomorrow, my dad promised.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

oh yeah!i went to the shelter today and a big black lab mix with blue eyes. she was beautiful! she just put her head up against the cage like"pet me........please" i hate going there and getting atached to a dog then having to turn around and leave.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I never get to visit shelters

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by Kfamr

I've never thought of any of them as ugly though.

You would have to see him to understand.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Aly, I can only imagien how hard that must be!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I totally understand. And I know what you mean. My mom's dog, Skeeter is ugly. My brother and I were just talking about this. He's a cocker spaniel daschund mix. He has a deformity called parrots mouth where he has a severe underbite. -So bad that he has to drink out of a special bowl. Otherwise, he can't breath because his nose gets stuck in the water. And he's got a strange shaped body that makes him look like a fat table. But, he's so funny looking that he's beautiful. He caught our eyes at the pound because of his looks. It's hard to explain, but I know what you mean. Like Jeff and I like to say "Skeeter, you are so ugly...but not in a bad way. You're good ugly."

I think I find connections with every animal I meet. They're all my soulmates. lol.

Thank you Wolfie!

Hehe, thought of a better description...

It's a dog who's looks make you say "Awww, bless their heart..." then you see them. lol

Thank you Wolfie!

I can't go the shelters unless I have a purpose Like getting some one. I have a terrible time. TOoo sensitve. I get depressed and cry for days after. I'm not allowed by my family to go.