Thread: Media coverage

Media coverage

I went of a news site and saw "Amanda Bynes to get mental health evaluation." I rarely read any of the dozens of stories about her, and am not a psychologist by any means, but have seen the headlines over and over about her the past many months. Why is the fact that she needs a "mental health evaluation" news to anyone? And why does that get a headline? Why do "news" outlets continue to cover/hound/papparazzi stalk someone who is in obvious trouble, whether it is mental health issues or addiction or whatever it is? Do you think this helps that person or hurts them, or has no effect?

Curious as to other sane people's opinions about this.
    I've Been Frosted

The media will cover any story they think will sell, and unfortunately, the majority of the public do want to know these things. Some of them will stalk/aggravate these people themselves if they don't think the media is covering them well enough. Some just want someone to hate or love, or they want a scapegoat to pin bad behavior on, so they react and encourage the media. They don't care about the person's feelings, just that they will be able to put the story out and earn money. That's just an unfortunate reality of being famous.

People like to see the celebrities fail. To know they aren't all rich and perfect. Well, they might be rich (or have been at some point), but they are human just like all of us.

And yes, that trash sells so that's what they publish. Just like the "reality" shows always have to have some kind of drama going on. Fighting is what people want to see. Well, not all of us, but a lot of them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Media people are like vultures, waiting for someone to make a mistake. They do irritate me when they surround a movie star or some well known person; they're like animals. I don't think it is news to find out these "troubled" stars/people are in need of a mental evaluation or mental care and/or they are on drugs and need rehab.

I am tired of hearing about the latest "person who is troubled" ie Amanda Bynes. Truthfully I don't even know why she is famous or who she is. Then we have the ongoing problem person of Lindsay Lohan. That woman has been in so much trouble and in and out of court that I wonder why she isn't IN prison. I think if it was you or me, we would be in jail serving a year or two. Then before her we had Brittany Spears who definitely had a problem. I think (not sure) she has straightened out her life. I perhaps misspelled some of the names as I am not a big fan of any of them. I wouldn't cross the street (if I had one) to see any of them......
    oh yes, I just thought of that skinny boy singer.. Justin Bieber... who seems to want to create trouble with his car and also urinating where he shouldn't. I don't know if his actions will get worse or not.

IMO much of the problem for all these rich spoiled troubled stars can be blamed on having too much too soon. If these people had to worry about paying bills and having a job AND working, then they wouldn't have the time to get into so much trouble. THERE! I guess I've vented LOL. I forgot... what was the question? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Media people are like vultures, waiting for someone to make a mistake. They do irritate me when they surround a movie star or some well known person; they're like animals. I don't think it is news to find out these "troubled" stars/people are in need of a mental evaluation or mental care and/or they are on drugs and need rehab.

I am tired of hearing about the latest "person who is troubled" ie Amanda Bynes. Truthfully I don't even know why she is famous or who she is. Then we have the ongoing problem person of Lindsay Lohan. That woman has been in so much trouble and in and out of court that I wonder why she isn't IN prison. I think if it was you or me, we would be in jail serving a year or two. Then before her we had Brittany Spears who definitely had a problem. I think (not sure) she has straightened out her life. I perhaps misspelled some of the names as I am not a big fan of any of them. I wouldn't cross the street (if I had one) to see any of them......
    oh yes, I just thought of that skinny boy singer.. Justin Bieber... who seems to want to create trouble with his car and also urinating where he shouldn't. I don't know if his actions will get worse or not.

IMO much of the problem for all these rich spoiled troubled stars can be blamed on having too much too soon. If these people had to worry about paying bills and having a job AND working, then they wouldn't have the time to get into so much trouble. THERE! I guess I've vented LOL. I forgot... what was the question? LOL

Great answer. and I do have a street but I wouldn't cross it to see any of them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt