Thread: Friend Looking For Puppy

Friend Looking For Puppy

A good friend of mine is looking for a puppy to add to her household. She recently lost her doberman to cancer, and she would like to find a new friend for her other dog.

She would like a puppy because she rescues cats and has a large number of them, and she is hesitant to get an adult unless she knows absolutely that it is fine with cats. She has no children, not sure if it has to be kid friendly. Must get along well with other dogs and not be too timid of them...she has a Shepherd/Sloughi that plays a little rough. She works at a boarding kennel and can take the puppy to work.

She would LOVE a doberman or german shepherd puppy, but I think she would consider anything. I don't know that she is really interested in Labs, Goldens, etc. Mixed breeds are great too, we were at animal services and there was...a mix of unknown origin that she really liked, but she has to find a way around her cats (they won't adopt to her with that many animals). She is willing to pay an adoption fee or whatever, but I don't think she wants to go out and get a puppy from a breeder or anything.

So if anyone from this area knows of a puppy thats looking for a good home, let me know. I know she would want to see the puppy before making any decisions. She never asked me to find her one, but I told her I would keep an eye out.

I'm not sure if all these puppies are from breeders or not, but there is a website that I often visit just to look at the puppies (Lol): www.puppyfind.com
    You can find puppies of any breed there.

"To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Quote Originally Posted by xcolbi
    I'm not sure if all these puppies are from breeders or not, but there is a website that I often visit just to look at the puppies (Lol): www.puppyfind.com
    You can find puppies of any breed there.
    All of them are breeder puppies, or so called "breeders". A lot of BYB's if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by molucass
    All of them are breeder puppies, or so called "breeders". A lot of BYB's if you ask me.
    Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Oh PLEASE tell her to get this baby:

Before we got Mufasa I had been looking at this girl online forever! It would be so great to see her adopted to someone I "know" and could possibly meet/get pictures.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Awwwwwwwwe!!! Most puppies don't get that reaction from me, but it looks liek a shepherd/Rottie mix and i LOVE the coloring!

(*sniffle* Still pouting three years later over not being chosen for a chi/? mix that looked almost exactly like that at three years old. Her name was Jasmine. She was to be a friend for King and a filler to help with the hole King was goign to be leaving.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Oh PLEASE tell her to get this baby: Before we got Mufasa I had been looking at this girl online forever! It would be so great to see her adopted to someone I "know" and could possibly meet/get pictures.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I told her about that puppy and some of the others-she said she's already tried before she got her current dog, and rescues won't adopt to her because of the number of animals (cats) she has in her household.

I should be going to animal services with her tomorrow or Monday and we'll see whats there.

Before we got Mufasa I had been looking at this girl online forever! It would be so great to see her adopted to someone I "know" and could possibly meet/get pictures.
    You have a dog named Mufasa! I use to have a great pyrenees named Mufassa. What kind is your dog?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*