Thread: Damn, things are getting worse with Luna and Lily!

Hybrid View

Sounds like your Lily has been taking lessons from my Diego. He's been on kitty prozac for a while and the issues are pretty much gone now. When they do have a flare up I have breakaway collars for each of them, I give these collars a good spray of feliway and install them one on each cat. This curtails all activity and they each go find a cat bed and leave each other and me alone. Once things are calmer, or once morning arrives I remove the collars. Good luck.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Sounds like your Lily has been taking lessons from my Diego. He's been on kitty prozac for a while and the issues are pretty much gone now.

Are you serious?? Does Prozac also exist for cats??
    I really hope you can find a solution for your cats Kirsten, it must break your heart to see this behaviour.............
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Damn, I was just posting my reply, but Firefox crashed - and all was lost!

Will reply again tomorrow as it's late here and I'm tired.

Prozac

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Are you serious?? Does Prozac also exist for cats??
    I really hope you can find a solution for your cats Kirsten, it must break your heart to see this behaviour.............
    It is the same Prozac as for humans, just in a smaller dose. I tried it with my two monster cats and they stopped taking the medications... so now they reside in two different parts of the house. A house divided. Oh well. Juni usually gets a room all to herself, now. Every now and then I try to reassociate them and so far, it has not worked.

I would suggest medication, if at all possible. Female cats can be a real pain in some households.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I would suggest medication, if at all possible. Female cats can be a real pain in some households.

Here, it is Crystal (female, and a calico as well ) and Tommy (male) constantly after one another. You'd think 9 cats with 9 rooms plus a cellar could manage to keep out of one another's way. Oh no, they will actually HUNT when on the prowl.

I do time outs, with one in a room with the door closed. When I started this, I was saying, "you really don't want me to come in there!" and now they break off the minute they hear that. But it took 3 years for that to click in for them

Diego would stop his prozac in a heartbeat, but I'm currently smarter than he is. I get it in "chew" format, fish flavored. This I mush up with kitty junk food (fancy feast) in a variety of fish flavors. I mush it up really good and he scarfs the whole thing down. It might not be the best thing for him to have but the vet and I both agree it's more important to get the meds into him than worry about the teaspoon of junk food he's getting with it. I change up the flavors daily (tuna/salmon) so that he doesn't get a chance to get used to one particular flavor and begin to get picky. So far it works for us, along with the occassional collar spray when they get really rambunctious.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Dear Kirsten, Lily and Luna -- I hope today was a better day. Thinking of you
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Spicy is doing SO much better now. I'm not quite sure why.I guess so many changes, we pay far more attention to her. Make the old man brush her after dinner, I brush her in the morn. She has completely stopped bellering for all she's worth. Even let her sit in the same room with Mia. Oh not for bloody long, if looks could kill man. Cannot take your eyes off Spicy for a second, predator to the bone. Bless her wee heart Mia truly believes that the whole universe loves her intensly I have told her many times that Spicy HATES her guts and always will. She does not believe me. Or maybe she don`t speak English. Better brush up on me «spanish

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Female cats can be a real pain in some households.

I totally agree. Both of my girls not only fight with each other but with any of my male cats as well. This is one reason why I do much better with male cats.

Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that your having these problems. Hopefully things will work out soon.

Dear Kirsten, Luna and Lily --- I hope things are getting better at your house!

Thinking of you and sending a (((HUG))),
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We hope so too!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi Kirsten
    I know how hard this is on you and Luna.
    I was wondering if you could put Luna(your older original kitty) in your bedroom.

Luna deserves to have you all to herself for a while.
    She's older and now with the weight issues and maybe some depression.
    not as quick to get back at her younger sister,it may help Luna's self worth and it will remind
    her of how important she is to you.
    making her the Queen.

Or better yet,only at night when it's time for bed,bring Luna in.
    i know Lilly will protest but after awhile the noise outside the bedroom will quiet down.
    (we had to do that on different occasions)

litter boxes and water bowls in both areas are a pain but i think it may help.

If this is not a good idea,i still am thinking of another.

or...how about a spray bottle for Lily when she acts on Luna.
    Spraying Lily every time she starts to pounce on poor Luna.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix