Thread: Great news about my old feral kitty!!!!!

Great news about my old feral kitty!!!!!

I had been feeding this feral cat for the past few years. She's a beautiful long coat white cat with blue cross eyes. She was one of the most skittish cats I've ever dealt with. For two years straight, no matter what I did, she wouldn't eat until I was back in the house and the food was sitting for a few minutes. I don't know if you all remember, but she is the one I mentioned in the indoor/outdoor cat debate. For a minute there, I actually earned some of her trust. I brought her inside, she got loose, and never came back. Well, that was a year ago. About 6 months ago, I saw her briefly in the bushes. I got all excited and called my husband at work and told him my cat was back and that she looked healthy. Then, she disappeared again.

Well, I got to talking to the neighbors today. I don't talk to them much; they're an elderly couple who keep to themselves. THEY HAVE HAD THE KITTY! She says she had been feeding her the past few years too. Overtime she just left her back door open and the cat gradually started coming inside for feedings. I was never able to do that, because I wouldn't want my other pets to get out. My neighbor says she didn't mention it to me because she didn't know I was feeding the cat too. She says that it is now an indoor cat only. (It must have gotten loose for the day when I spotted a few months back.) I am so happy. I thought the kitty had died. My neighbor says she is still very skittish, but is coming around.

Excellent! It's good to hear your neighbours are as kind as you. Does she have a name now?
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

This is wonderful news!!!

This is excellent news. We were also able to get our feral mother to come into the house, just by leaving the door open. We have a cat flap now and the cats all have access to the garden, but before we installed it, I used to leave the door open at night and Jessica (feral mum) would come into the house and hide behind a piece of furniture to allow me to go and close the back door. She very quickly appreciated the comfort of a warm bed at night and food whenever she wanted it.

That was seven years ago now and although she is never going to turn into a lap cat, she does trust us and definitely likes being around.

Wonderful news! Congratulations.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I had named her Victoria. I was so excited about her having a home and being alive, I didn't ask my neighbor if she renamed her. I'll have to ask next time I see her.

What a wonderful ending to Victoria's story, Tonya!!!! I would bet that she is spoiled rotten!!!! I hope so!!!

Thats wonderful news! Plus I'm sure it's a load off your mind.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

YIPPEEEEE........
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

What a Lucky Feral cat that has a choice of two homes , where he can go and find food and love! He truly is one of the Luckiest strays that I have ever heard of. And you people are the BEST to care so much! May the Lords blessing be upon you!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

This is such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you and for precious Victoria.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

that's great I'm so happy for you and for Victoria and for the neighbors for giving her a new forever home

These are not the droids you were looking for