Thread: Neck Pain in Puppy.

Neck Pain in Puppy.

Hello!

I have a one year old puppy Named Maia who is a German Shepherd/ Akita mix who now weighs over 100lbs. She has been having Neck Pain that has been there for a little while, She would whine when she moved her neck. It used to be very rarely, but now every move she makes, she is crying in pain and does not want to eat. We are going to the Vet tonight and I'm worried she might have a tumor. I was wondering if anyone else had experianced this with your dog / Puppy?

Please let me know! Thanks!

I'd more suspect some muscle strain than a tumor, and if she's pulled something, just sleeping on it funny makes the pain worse, I know as a human! Taking her to the vet is the right thing to do, let us know what they say! And give her a hug from me, I bet she's a beauty!
    I've Been Frosted

If your dog has neck pain and other signs of illness, your dog might need antibiotics to kill an infection, so it is imperative that you take your dog to the vet right away. It could be a sign of a serious problem with your dog's health.
    There are a variety of causes of neck and back pain and they include muscle diseases, vertebral disorders, nerve problems, etc.

Last edited by zabel; 07-28-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Drives me crazy when people (especially new ones) post these things and we never get an update to find out how the critter is.

For future searches, neck pain can often be from a problem in the disks of the spine. Most often seen in breeds like Dachshunds, Bassetts, or Beagles, but can be found in any dog. Usually x-rays will show the problem if that's the cause.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711 View Post
    Drives me crazy when people (especially new ones) post these things and we never get an update to find out how the critter is.
    My thoughts exactly. If people take the time to read and post any feedback, at least have the common courtesy to acknowledge.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~