Thread: Flyball..

Flyball..

So yesterday I took 2 of my girls (Paris and Kelsey) to their first flyball training class... they did much better than I was expecting.. well honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from them.. but they did great!..

We started with just teaching them the jumps.. doing the jumps on a recall... which both got quickly.. but Paris just loved doing that... then they also got introduced to the flyball chute to train for the turns.. which both did well, but Kelsey especially loved doing that... Paris had a little harder time catching on to that, mainly because she is so long bodied, but eventually she started to get it...

Anyway... it was a lot of fun to work with the girls.. looking forward to next weekend with them!!..

Janna
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Janna,

Flyball sounds like fun. Glad you got the chance to do that with a couple of your girls. Sounds like Paris and Kelsey really liked it. I wish we had dog things to do around here in my small city.

Give all the collies big hugs from me! Well, except for Zack..lol. I have already hugged him several times this morning . I'll let him know that one of those hugs was from you.

Sounds like you and the girls had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    Well, except for Zack..lol. I have already hugged him several times this morning

Come on! Someone needs to catch on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Come on! Someone needs to catch on here.
    LOL...I dropped a hint in another thread too, Kay. I'll be a brave girl soon and start my own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    LOL...I dropped a hint in another thread too, Kay. I'll be a brave girl soon and start my own thread.

I know, I saw that too! You'd better before I start one.

What's going on here? Did Robin get a new doggie???
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    What's going on here? Did Robin get a new doggie???
    Yes, I did! One of Spiritwind's! I haven't announced it yet because my parents don't know yet. Yes, I'm 43 years old and still afraid of my parents will say..LOL. pathetic right?! They read PT to see if I have started any new threads. So that is why I have kept quiet about it.

Ok,that is enough I'm hogging Janna's thread. Sorry Janna!

Well, good for you. Maybe someone can start a thread so you can post some pictures in it....

OH, sorry Janna. Congrats to Paris and Kelsey on the flyball successes.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well done girls! (that covers everyone in this thread )

Pictures of all and sundry needed now
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Goodluck with the Flyball training . We might be starting training with a new club tonight, Elvis has had no Flyball in a few months so will be over excited .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Congrats on the flyball. I wanted to do that with Ginger, I think she would love it. But I do not care for the trainers at the only place that offers it around here. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything from Robin in a few days. Now I know. Need pictures of everyone please.

Congrats on the girls doing good! But I'm confused. Chutes to train the flyball turn? I've never heard of that.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

congrats from another flyballer!

Bc_mom-flyball shoots are FOR training turns, they are basicly a board that is typcally wider then a normal box to the purpose of teaching 4 feet on the box, they are also designed to have a ball simply sit on the shoot so that the dog aso learnes to take the ball with 4 feet on the box, as opposed to have it flying everywhere as they learn and possably having them go "heeeeyyyy!! if I dont catch it I get to chase it!" lol. only some clubs actually use shoots, some only use them for certain dogs etc..
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Ah, I see. So it's a whole different kind of box.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Here are a couple pictures I found of one online...

Though I have to say, this one appears to be much larger than the one my girls are being trained on... the one the club I am going to uses isn't much, if any, different in size than the flyball box.... and its built somewhat differently than this one that I found pics of.. but you can get the idea..

Janna

If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!