Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

You don't need training or intelligence to drive a semi through a shopping mall, nor do you need to be a demolitions expert.

Do you think all deaths should be given the same sensationalized coverage as shootings? Every stabbing, DUI, accident, suicide, ad nauseum leading the news constantly for days? After all, dead is dead, the process doesn't matter, just the untimely demise. Someone jumping on PT every second of every day beating their chest and denouncing how XYZ was killed? I think the mayor would need more server space.....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    When you bring a 4500 lb vehicle into my space with intent to kill through negligence
    http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/...?absolute=true

So what do you do when the guy has a car and a gun?

I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How would you like to have been sitting next to this guy?

http://www.theindychannel.com/entert...31/detail.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dang. liz, you beat me to it!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

shooting a movie?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Yes Karen - Boston is, without a doubt, the very worst city I ever drove in. Seriously - they drove like maniacs and like they were the only ones on the road - and that was back in the 60's. The right of way always belonged to them! I can only imagine what it's like now!
    Hey Karen - I knew I wasn't too far off the mark with this one. The Weather Channel posted the 10 worst cities to drive in, in the U.S., and Boston ranked #9. Believe it or not, #1 was Honolulu!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Hey Karen - I knew I wasn't too far off the mark with this one. The Weather Channel posted the 10 worst cities to drive in, in the U.S., and Boston ranked #9. Believe it or not, #1 was Honolulu!
    Maybe in Honolulu, they get distracted by pleasant scenery in the distance? They certainly don't have the weather excuses Boston drivers can have half the year!

I love that the photo they chose for Boston list is here is one taken from the water - the least congested spot in the city!
    I've Been Frosted

The stupidity speaks for itself --- right?

"SPARKS, Nev. -- Police say a man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks at a Nevada movie theater during a showing of "The Bourne Legacy."

Police in Sparks, Nev., say the 56-year-old man's injuries are not life-threatening and no others were hurt.

Authorities say the man had a permit to carry a concealed firearm. The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket Tuesday night as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor.

Authorities say the case will be sent to the city attorney for possible charges.

The incident comes less than a month after a shooting at a suburban Denver theater that left 12 dead and 58 injured."
    (from Huffington Post)

That's a repost of what Liz posted above.

The odd thing is that shortly after the Colorado incident, a pickup truck went off the road in Texas, killing 10 of the 23 in the truck. Shouldn't we be gnashing our teeth, wailling, and calling for a ban on pickup trucks? Or does it not matter, as they were illegals?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/23...thorities-say/

BTW, That's far from an isolated incident, at whatever angle you look at it. Coyotes routinely kill their "cargo", either intentionally or accidentally, and motor vehicle accidents kill many more people than firearms related crimes every year.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    That's a repost of what Liz posted above.

The odd thing is that shortly after the Colorado incident, a pickup truck went off the road in Texas, killing 10 of the 23 in the truck. Shouldn't we be gnashing our teeth, wailling, and calling for a ban on pickup trucks? Or does it not matter, as they were illegals?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/23...thorities-say/

BTW, That's far from an isolated incident, at whatever angle you look at it. Coyotes routinely kill their "cargo", either intentionally or accidentally, and motor vehicle accidents kill many more people than firearms related crimes every year.
    Specious argument - pretty sure everyone knows that a pickup truck is nowhere near the same as loaded guns in your pants or on the dresser in the bedroom.

There's that 'gun on the dresser in the bedroom' again. Mine's still there. Hasn't caused any trouble yet. But oh no, I drive a truck!!! I guess I have more to worry about now. Maybe I should stop driving.
    Those of you who are worried about being shot out in public, perhaps you should seek therapy. There is NOTHING in this world that can assure that you will get home alive. NOTHING! Gun control won't change that.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    Ben Steins answer today on guns was he had none. He mentioned homicidal people with guns. The Denver shootings. I guess try not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

14. Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    There's that 'gun on the dresser in the bedroom' again. Mine's still there. Hasn't caused any trouble yet. But oh no, I drive a truck!!! I guess I have more to worry about now. Maybe I should stop driving.
    Those of you who are worried about being shot out in public, perhaps you should seek therapy. There is NOTHING in this world that can assure that you will get home alive. NOTHING! Gun control won't change that.
    Once again...motor vehicles are designed to move goods or people. When used correctly they do not kill. Guns are designed to kill or maim. When used correctly that is what they do. It is fairly simple.

And CP...this has been a fairly civilized conversation so far. Suggesting people who disagree with you "should seek therapy" is not only rude, incendiary and illogical - but invites a response I am working hard not to give.

It seems to me that not only do mentally ill people get permission to own a gun, but also plain stupid morons.

"The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket Tuesday night as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor."

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.