Thread: Louise the Poodle

Louise the Poodle

Hello Louise, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am so glad you were adopted and now have a wonderful home. Not only are you lovely but it certainly sounds as if you are smart and sweet too. How wonderful that you and your human go to schools and encourage children to read and write. I enjoyed all the photos and thought you looked very regal in the first one. I hope you have many years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

IvyGirl

Louise and I are so thrilled that she is the Dog of the Day. I wish that everyone could know Louise or have a Louise in their lives. When I adopted her, she came with the name Louise, and I wasn't certain if that was the name that I would keep. But from the moment that we began our lives together, I realized that Louise was perfect! She is amazingly sweet and just as amazingly mischievous. Thank you, Pet of the Day, for selecting Louise as Dog of the Day. We love this site and will continue to follow it. We believe it is important to promote pet rescue, and Louise is certainly an example of the happiness and success that exist when loving and compassionate people work so hard to help loving pets find their "fur-ever" homes.

You're a beauty Lousie!!! Those are nice pictures of you and your human. Congrats on being DOTD!
    I hope this is a special day for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Lovely Louise!

Hi Louise! A very happy Dog of the Day to you, and to your dear Mommy "Ivygirl!" So nice to hear from her today in "real time!" Her beautifully written, very touching tribute to her best girl already had me in heart melt mode. But after reading her posting here today I admit, a tear or two fell.
    I can't express adequately how moved I was by your story, Louise, your rags to riches Cinderella tale, learning of the devotion you have for your Mom and she for you! It was a long journey home, for you and sister Thelma! But like all enchanted fairy tales, your stories couldn't have had happier endings...happier beginnings!

We can't thank your Mom enough for opening up her home and heart to such a deserving doggie, for her devotion to rescue! And more thanks still to you both, for your tireless dedication to promoting the priceless rewards of books and reading, grammar and literacy...AND animal companionship! You're both heroes in my book, and your story truly an inspiration to us all! I can't wait for updates from your Mom re: her new book, staring YOU! And oh, won't your Grandpa, and all of the residents at the nursing home, be excited next time you visit, learning that you have been crowned Dog of the Day!

Thanks so much for brightening my day with your story and gorgeous photos, Louise! Enjoy your big day in the spotlight (even though you are ALREADY a star, hehe). I'm sure your Mom will be making this day an extra special one!
    Lots of love and great big hugs and sloppy smooches to you, beautiful Louise!

P.S...What a fantastic blog you have, Louise! The way in which you and your Mom weave together the threads of animal love and love for literacy is amazing...just pulls you in! What talented ladies you are! (Love the Erica Jong quote! *sniff*)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you for reading our blog ...

Thank you so much for writing this beautiful message to us. We are truly overwhelmed. We hope that you will continue to follow our blog, which we plan to improve as we go along. Much heartfelt gratitude from us is being sent your way!

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Hi Louise! A very happy Dog of the Day to you, and to your dear Mommy "Ivygirl!" So nice to hear from her today in "real time!" Her beautifully written, very touching tribute to her best girl already had me in heart melt mode. But after reading her posting here today I admit, a tear or two fell.
    I can't express adequately how moved I was by your story, Louise, your rags to riches Cinderella tale, learning of the devotion you have for your Mom and she for you! It was a long journey home, for you and sister Thelma! But like all enchanted fairy tales, your stories couldn't have had happier endings...happier beginnings!

We can't thank your Mom enough for opening up her home and heart to such a deserving doggie, for her devotion to rescue! And more thanks still to you both, for your tireless dedication to promoting the priceless rewards of books and reading, grammar and literacy...AND animal companionship! You're both heroes in my book, and your story truly an inspiration to us all! I can't wait for updates from your Mom re: her new book, staring YOU! And oh, won't your Grandpa, and all of the residents at the nursing home, be excited next time you visit, learning that you have been crowned Dog of the Day!

Thanks so much for brightening my day with your story and gorgeous photos, Louise! Enjoy your big day in the spotlight (even though you are ALREADY a star, hehe). I'm sure your Mom will be making this day an extra special one!
    Lots of love and great big hugs and sloppy smooches to you, beautiful Louise!

P.S...What a fantastic blog you have, Louise! The way in which you and your Mom weave together the threads of animal love and love for literacy is amazing...just pulls you in! What talented ladies you are! (Love the Erica Jong quote! *sniff*)

Gorgeous lady Louise! You and your person have a very important mission, promoting language and literacy! How wonderful that you are helping to teach kids the pleasures of reading, and the importance of good writing abilities. But especially reading! You are a very stylish lady too -- I like your many looks, but I like the portrait of you and your person best I can just imagine the smiles and happiness you give to children and older adults on your many visits! Happy Dog of the Day to you, beautiful Louise!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi Louise and mom, Ivy! Hope you're still celebrating, Louise!
    Oh yes, I surely will be following you on your blog, Louise, and am eagerly anticipating the release of your opus magnum!
    More love and hugs and *kisses* to you, sweetheart!
    Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~