Thread: Gun control discussion

Hybrid View

I would like to know how many of the ones who went on a shooting rampage over the years, had got their weapon legally and how many did not? Also, what does it take to be allowed to carry a gun? Any kind of psychological tests? What kind of papers do you fill out - and is that all you have to do?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I would like to know how many of the ones who went on a shooting rampage over the years, had got their weapon legally and how many did not? Also, what does it take to be allowed to carry a gun? Any kind of psychological tests? What kind of papers do you fill out - and is that all you have to do?

The nut case who opened fire in the movie theater and killed or wounded (60+? people), obtained all of his weapons, ammo, "riot gear" legally! His only run in with the law was a speeding ticket on his driver's license.

I've never applied for a gun permit, but you have forms to fill out for a background check, and a waiting period of a few days. No psych check. Just checking on criminally related matters. Anyone please feel free to correct me on this. Obviously if it turns up that you're a convicted felon, you will not get the permit. But of course that won't stop anyone from getting a gun if they really want one.

I'm certain other posters in this thread have more info on obtaining a permit than I do, but basically it's pretty darn easy for just about anyone to get one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~