Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I must admit that I do not get over to this thread often. Glacier and Twisterdog, they are both very serious and burdensome issues to deal with. I will add both of you and your families to my prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to Spencer and family and Twisterdog. My goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this news in both situations.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

My thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone who needs them. Please take care everyone. ((((HUGS))))

Kirk's here!

Kirk arrived safely in Denver this morning...he seems to be only mildly traumatized hehe. Thanks for your prayers! Mine are going out to all those still needing them!!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Awww, I'm so glad Kirk landed safely and is where he belongs, with you at his side. Yay for Kate and Kirk! (((((hugs)))))

Glacier, Spencer and the entire "Glacier Family"...
    You are all in our prayers - and that's A LOT of prayers!! The "C word" is such a scary word and little Spence sure was blessed to have the easily treated kind. Such wonderful news!!!!
    The "Glacier Family" will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    , Kelly, Noah, Basie, Phoebe & Micah

Twisterdog...
    You sure have a heck of a lot to handle. If advice is what you seek, mine would be to, like Gini said, take it a step at a time. You cannot help anyone if you are too upset/sick/annoyed yourself. You'll need to put yourself first enough to help others. The ones you help? The children...the adults are who put the innocent children into all this for their own selfish desires. I think that if I were a child in any of the situations you described, I'd want to know that there was SOMEONE I could count on. I would have your nieces/nephews/children over for the day and instill into their heads and hearts that "NO MATTER WHAT" you will be there for them. No matter what...and mean it too. It sounds like your family has been running amok for a while...and it seems they knew their goingson were wrong, because they waited for your father to pass (I'm so sorry ((((((((Twisterdog)))))))) ) to let everything fall apart like this. Your husband needs to grow the heck up. Any person, any "MAN" that chooses one child over another, ESPECIALLY when he knows the sitation, and makes said child aware he/she is second choice to another...is not in any way a MAN! (a child doesn't have to be told he's second to another, he knows...trust me)
    You and your family will be in my prayers as well. You have a ton to deal with, but remember, God only gives us what He knows we can handle. Do you see ALL that God has entrusted you with? Do you see all that He knows you are very capable of handling - with His help...
    & Hugs,
    Kelly, Noah, Basie, Phoebe & Micah
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Glacier, it is true hodgkins lymphoma is one of the most treatable cancers, I lost a friend to non-hodgkins so I did quite a bit of research on both types. Spencer will be in my prayers.

Twisterdog I am so sorry I thought my teen stresses were bad but it looks like you have me beat but it is true, they will grow and move on (hopefully)
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am here asking for prayers for my aunt (through marriage) and her children.

My Uncle passed away last Saturday at 53 years old.

this was TOTALLY unexpected. He just had a physical two weeks before and everything checked out great. He just came back from his daily bike ride and went upstairs to get changed. he had been up there a while so Aunt Chris asked Kolton (the youngest of the children) to go upstairs and ask him if he could drive the oldest child Katelyn to work. When he went up My uncle was laying in an odd position and was unresponsive so Kolton got his mom. My uncle had had a heart attack and died instantly.

he was only 53 years old and has 4 children ages 12-20. they had all the memorial services and burial this week. Now they have to go back to their lives and try to live a normal exsistence without their father/husband.

They had an autopsy done to try to figure out what caused the heart attack. turns out he had an enlarged heart and this is a common thing with people who are at one time overweight and then lose weight and get back down to a healthy weight. He was overweight for quite a few years and then decided that since he had 4 children he really needed to start taking better care of himself. but apparently when you lose weight it takes time for your heart to go back to normal size since it doesn't need to provide the extra power any longer. This is not something they normally test for so it went by unnoticed in his physical.

This is such a shock to all of us.

so if you could spare some prayers for all of us... ESPECIALLY his wife and 4 children that would be greatly appreciated. it's going to be very hard for them to move on from this.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    I am here asking for prayers for my aunt (through marriage) and her children.

My Uncle passed away last Saturday at 53 years old.

this was TOTALLY unexpected. He just had a physical two weeks before and everything checked out great. He just came back from his daily bike ride and went upstairs to get changed. he had been up there a while so Aunt Chris asked Kolton (the youngest of the children) to go upstairs and ask him if he could drive the oldest child Katelyn to work. When he went up My uncle was laying in an odd position and was unresponsive so Kolton got his mom. My uncle had had a heart attack and died instantly.

he was only 53 years old and has 4 children ages 12-20. they had all the memorial services and burial this week. Now they have to go back to their lives and try to live a normal exsistence without their father/husband.

They had an autopsy done to try to figure out what caused the heart attack. turns out he had an enlarged heart and this is a common thing with people who are at one time overweight and then lose weight and get back down to a healthy weight. He was overweight for quite a few years and then decided that since he had 4 children he really needed to start taking better care of himself. but apparently when you lose weight it takes time for your heart to go back to normal size since it doesn't need to provide the extra power any longer. This is not something they normally test for so it went by unnoticed in his physical.

This is such a shock to all of us.

so if you could spare some prayers for all of us... ESPECIALLY his wife and 4 children that would be greatly appreciated. it's going to be very hard for them to move on from this.
    How tragic! Sometimes death is a relief when a person suffers for a long time but this was unexpected and left everyone in shock and grief, I'm sure. Prayers of love and compassion are on their way......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

OH no - too sudden, young and awful. You and your cousins are in my prayers.

I didn't know that about an enlarged heart - I guess that is why they say to check with your doc before starting a fitness regime, but heck, I wonder if the docs would even know to mention this?

{{{{hugs}}}} to you and the family.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sneaking in here again...

Memaw/Grandma is now in the ER. They admitted her today because she was having bad chest pains, bad headaches, and dizziness. Thoughts/prayers are well appreciated. Thanks.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post

Memaw/Grandma is now in the ER.
    Thoughts/prayers are well appreciated. Thanks.
    OK ... we be Thinkin Good Thoughts - and - Prayin for GranMom ...

What's the latest on GranPAW?
    Hope he's improving and Feelin Better.

Give 'em BOTH some Pet Talk {{{HUGS}}}!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    OK ... we be Thinkin Good Thoughts - and - Prayin for GranMom ...

What's the latest on GranPAW?
    Hope he's improving and Feelin Better.

Give 'em BOTH some Pet Talk {{{HUGS}}}!

Thanks for asking about grandpa.

Papa is doing as best as expected - he was diagnosed with leukemia at the beginning of this month. They currently have him in another nursing home. He likes it better there as it's a lot easier for him and a lot less stressful for my grandmother. I'm not sure if they've started treatments or what not for the leukemia.

I feel bad about it, but I try not to ask for updates about him too often. I really worry about losing him. I cry about him all the time. The less I know, the less I worry, I guess. I hope that doesn't sound too bad.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Sneaking in here again...

Memaw/Grandma is now in the ER. They admitted her today because she was having bad chest pains, bad headaches, and dizziness. Thoughts/prayers are well appreciated. Thanks.
    Your Grandma will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Papa is doing as best as expected ...

I feel bad about it, but I try not to ask for updates about him too often.
    I really worry about losing him. I cry about him all the time.
    The less I know, the less I worry, I guess ...
    I can understand your position; but you need to appreciate HIS point of view ...

How would YOU like to be 'locked up' with a bunch of 'strangers' taking care of you
    every day, and never knowing WHEN a familiar Family Face will show up?

It may be mentally challenging for you, but if you really the GrandFolks - you'll
    make it a habit to Visit Often - with a big on your face.

You CAN do it ... and the GrandFolks will know you cared - even if the can't SAY so.

(Take 'em some Home-Cooked Goodies)

And drag a few DAWGs along for show & tell!

Prayers to all who are asking.

Kfamr, prayers to both of your grandparents.

Thank you guys for the prayers for my family. I also did not know about the enlarged heart thing but that is definitely something I am going to take more seriously in the future when starting an exercise routine etc.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com