Thread: Politics and religion.

And regarding the women's reproductive issues?

There are some women who are incapable of being responsible on this topic......

I worked with some gals who would make copies and walk away from a jammed machine, leave staples and paperclips on the counter, use White Out and smear it on the glass or refuse to fill up an empty paper tray.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Open mouth and insert foot. And to think the Repubs dumped Richard Lugar for this tea party clown.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...all-sleazy-ads

Sen. Lugar Bio http://lugar.senate.gov/bio/
    Last edited by lizbud; 10-27-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

use White Out and smear it on the glass t
    Are these the same ones that would use White Out to make corrections on their computer screen too?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

This quiz falls into both religious & political catagories. I scored 6 out of 10. It's hard to tell much difference in thoughts.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...christian.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Are these the same ones that would use White Out to make corrections on their computer screen too?
    I was trying to be 'politcally correct' by not mentioning them.

One thing is for sure: no matter who loses, it's going to be Hurricane Sandy's fault.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    One thing is for sure: no matter who loses, it's going to be Hurricane Sandy's fault.
    Notice, that the National Weather Service and NOAA are part of the government...

Who is in charge of the government?
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Here's some political trivia.

No president has ever won without Ohio.

Voter fraud is relatively rare, politician fraud is rampant.

Sometimes first place is the first loser.

Politicians never lie, read my lips....
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I love the news

Always a good source of humor, especially the headlines on Drudge.

Read the headline (Non-Union electrical crews turned away from helping NJ).....

Then read the story.

The reality was nothing of the sort.

The really morbidly amusing part is all the drudge feed commenters' hyperventilation about the headline as opposed to the story.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Always a good source of humor, especially the headlines on Drudge.

Read the headline (Non-Union electrical crews turned away from helping NJ).....

Then read the story.

The reality was nothing of the sort.

The really morbidly amusing part is all the drudge feed commenters' hyperventilation about the headline as opposed to the story.
    My journalism teacher always made the newbies write headlines BEFORE we were able to write for the paper.
    God help ya if you didn't read the story and make the headline pertinent to the content.

----------------------

That is why I love the idiots that quote 'blogs' as the god honest truth......I do enjoy the 'fresh faced' faces that show up on the news programs that write the blogs.

Again, they have barely figured out how to clean themselves after a BM and that makes them well qualified to read other blogs, rewrite and regurgitate the same story, with their own spin on it.

I was watching TV last night and one entire commercial break was election ads for the different Congressional races, and they are so nasty. Four in a row. Grrrfffrrfrrf. I'll be very glad when this election is over.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Saw this post on Twitter a couple of hours ago

To my American friends: On Sunday, don't forget to set your clocks back one hour. On Tuesday, try not to set your country back 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    To my American friends: On Sunday, don't forget to set your clocks back one hour. On Tuesday, try not to set your country back 50 years.
    Actually life 50 years ago wasn't all that bad!!! I was there!!! The American Dream was still alive and obtainable by anyone willing to work hard for it. Now only certain people seem able to achieve it.

Everyone could practice their faith or leave it alone as they chose without anyone 'being offended'.

You learned early that life wasn't always fair, you didn't have to wait until you were grown up to be blind sided by that fact. If you wanted something, you worked for it, you didn't expect it to be handed to you.

Wages weren't all that high but then the cost of living wasn't high either. Most families could get by very well on only one income.

Most people weren't in debt up to their eyeballs.

The government didn't stick it's nose into your business like it does today. Pay your taxes and mind your own business and you were ok.

Presidential elections were based on the canidates GOOD qualities. Now they are just down right MEAN, and NASTY and a lot of time, not true.

Of course, there were some things we needed to desperatly fix, like equality for African Americans and other minorities. Those are still works in progress on certain levels.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Actually life 50 years ago wasn't all that bad!!! I was there!!!

Of course, there were some things we needed to desperatly fix, like equality for African Americans and other minorities. Those are still works in progress on certain levels.
    I was there too. Do you know the marginal tax rate for the highest earners was over 90% compared to 35% today. Capital gains tax was 25% compared to 15% today.

You mention minorities but what about women? It was legal - and very common to pay women less than men for the same job. And of course, women were not hired in many jobs. The only job Sandra Day O'Connor could get as a top graduate from Stanford Law School was as a legal secretary. Teachers had to leave the classroom when their pregnancy began to show and flight attendants had to be young, skinny and single - or they lost their job. Even when I was out of college - the newspapers advertised "help wanted - male" and "help wanted - female."

Polio was just beginning to be eliminated. I was six when the vaccine first came out. Just think of the medical advances since then!

It is easy to remember the good times when you look back - but there are many, many things that are better today!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I was there too. Do you know the marginal tax rate for the highest earners was over 90% compared to 35% today. Capital gains tax was 25% compared to 15% today.

You mention minorities but what about women? It was legal - and very common to pay women less than men for the same job. And of course, women were not hired in many jobs. The only job Sandra Day O'Connor could get as a top graduate from Stanford Law School was as a legal secretary. Teachers had to leave the classroom when their pregnancy began to show and flight attendants had to be young, skinny and single - or they lost their job. Even when I was out of college - the newspapers advertised "help wanted - male" and "help wanted - female."

Polio was just beginning to be eliminated. I was six when the vaccine first came out. Just think of the medical advances since then!

It is easy to remember the good times when you look back - but there are many, many things that are better today!
    When i started teaching, some of those teachers that "broke ground" were still teaching. They were allowed to continue teaching because a suitable replacement couldn't be found.

A good friend was a geologist that couldn't find a job except with the gov't. The signs on the doors said "women need not apply". This was the early 60s.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)