Thread: absolutly nothing to do w/ pets...Slush Puppies

absolutly nothing to do w/ pets...Slush Puppies

how long has it been since you've seen them around? w/ this hot weather it makes the thought of them soooooooo irristable. but the one plce that had them open to the public no longer have them! our local high school has them, but i can't get them there for two reasons. 1) not just anyone can walk into a high school. 2) school's out for the summer, so i can't have a student go in and buy one for me. Icees and Slurpies just don't cut it either.

Um.. crow_noir? what are slush puppies? We don't have 'em where I come from.
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

Basically it's finely crushed ice, with colorful flavored (usually fruit flavored) syrup poured over it. They're perfect in sweltering weather!
    I've Been Frosted

Ahh... we have THAT in Singapore! Any local will tell you it's ice kacang! Try it sometime! We even have corn and 'attapchi' added!

we have several different brands of crushed/shaved ice over here. slush puppie is the one i like the best. like karen said, there are several flavored surups that can be added to the ice on a slush puppie. i'm saying they have about 10+ flavors. Slurpees are part of a chain convienence store we have here called 7-11. they usually only display 2-4 flavors at a time and they are premixed in a machine. and cola(coca-cola) is always one of the flavors. Icee is sold in the retail store KMart and a few other places. always two flavors at a time. and they have about 4 flavors that i know of. again, premixed. personally i just like the grade of the ice and flavor quality of SP better. (though i won't "knock" Icee's rasberry lemonade flavor.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

i forgot to mention. these are different from "snocones" which you munch on/eat; these are things you drink. (though w/ icees and slurpees you can scoop out the remains usually. ...if it's not so hot out that all the ice is melted before hand.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Erm.. we have over a 100 7-11s here in s'pore, crow_noir!

reallly?! wow!!!! *snickers* we actually just lost a few over in my area. *snickers* why i am so amazed is that only about 1/4 of the united states has even heard about them...lol. well, maybe more, but still...lol

Are you kidding? But, then again, 1/4 of Ameirca is probably even more than 4 million right?

not kidding. (i say with the internet, alot more people are hearing "of" them, but whan i first started talking to friends that moved or friends that my friends met over the internet, they hadn't heard of them.)

i don't know, i just know it's alot. (the population.)

It has to be at least a thousand times Singapore's !!!!!