Thread: Shelter Visit

Shelter Visit

Yesterday my sisters, my mom, and I all went to Orphans of the Storm animal shelter which is near our house. They had the sweetest, most beautiful cats there, I don't see how anyone could have given them up!

They have a few rooms there connected to each other jut filled with cats (a 100 at the least) the first room had a HUGE play gym, litter boxes, water, dry food, and so many pillows (almost all where full). There was also a screened in porch with chairs lined up to the cats could see out of the screen. There were also food, water, pillows, and blankets out there. In the third room there was a huge mound of pillows, blankets, and sleeping cats.

There were so many cats there, my mom would have walked out with atleast one if it weren't for her allergies. There was one cat there, Little Guy, who was a year old. He must have wieghed two pounds, he was so scrawny and tiny! I found him cowering under a chair outside because all these 'big cats' outside would try to claw him whenever he moved. He was so cold and scared he was shaking. I carried him around for a while and brought him inside. By the time we left he was sleeping in a tunnel on one of the cat gyms in the sunlight.

My mom, sisters, and I all plan to go back there sometime to play with the cats again. Who knows, maybe Little Guy will have found a home? There were so many people there looking to adopt! I wish all the cats could find good homes, but atleast the shelter takes very good care of them until they do!

I plan on making some pillows for the dogs and cats there since pillows and blankets are on the list of things you can donate. I already started on one last night.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

That's an awesome thing for you to do . . . go and play with the cats, donate supplies . . . too bad you can't adopt!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

It's very nice of you to make pillows and blankets for them.

From Decker with Love

That is kind,of you,and that helps socialize,the Stray Cats,and helps them adjust,to new people,Bless You,for helping.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS