Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unitarian church shootings

Unitarian church shootings

The guy who shot at the congregation in the Unitarian church said it was because of their "liberal" views. Nice, huh?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I live in Knoxville. Such a sad and tragic thing to happen anywhere!

They are suppose to be analyzing that guy today to find out just how "crazy" he is. In my opinion you have be at a certain level of nuts to do something like that. Sounds like he had several issues going on. He's unemployeed and his food stamps were about to run out plus a neighbor says he talked to her last year about how he hated his parents for making him go to church (geez, he's 58) and how he thinks the Bible is contradictory.

From Decker with Love

Yes so sad & tragic.. Just Horrible.. I just dont get people anymore..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Guns - 2; Humanity - 0

This tragic shooting and the fire burning by Yosemite -- started by someone target shooting.

Why are we so obsessed with guns?????

What really blows my mind is that the Unitarian Universalists (at least the ones I've known) are about the most mellow,tolerant bunch I've seen; that's why they follow that particular path. They don't bother anybody. I feel so bad for those kids who had to see such a tragedy.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

That's really sad. Why on earth was he allowed to have a gun to begin with!! Yes, I know that is a stupid question, as I just saw a programme about how easy it is for ANYONE to get a weapen in USA - this however, was about smuggling weapens to Mexico, and even legitimate gun shop owners were part of it!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    What really blows my mind is that the Unitarian Universalists (at least the ones I've known) are about the most mellow,tolerant bunch I've seen; that's why they follow that particular path. They don't bother anybody. I feel so bad for those kids who had to see such a tragedy.
    I think that was the guy's problem, he felt they were too tolerant.

From Decker with Love

Which goes for the True saying of :: The More I Get To Know Some People The More I Love Love My Animals & Cherish them Dearly..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I don't care how crazy he is.

Lock his worthless a$$ up in jail. he won't need the food stamps in prison. he can get three squares a day.

A y es... blaming inanimate objects instead of the psycho people that do these things. let's just give him a pat on the back and send him on his way.

Lock him up... and throw away the key.

too bad prison farms are seen as "cruel and unusual punishment". Then he could work to earn his keep and would be providing a service to the community he wronged. there should be more of them

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Actually we have the death penalty here in TN. On the local news I've heard them discussing the possible charges - they are waiting for the guy's mental evaluation. Also they are talking about this being a hate crime. He left a long letter in his car (he didn't expect to walk out alive) and if he specifically mentioned a group - gays, unitarians, something like that - then this could also be charged as a hate crime. I think the fact that he murdered two people is enough - put him away!

From Decker with Love

Yikes, I just watched the local evening news and learned that the nut job shooter is from my hometown. He lives here in Knoxville now - like me - but he grew up where I did, about 35 miles west of Knoxville. It's a small town and I don't know him but I'm sure my Dad knew his family. My parents owned an appliance store and knew almost everyone back then.

From Decker with Love

12. I don't see anyone here excusing him or blaming the instrument of death he used.

I just hope they will also catch the psycho who set Yosemite on fire -- target shooting. Same inanimate object. So unnecessary. Look him (or her) up as well and throw away the key.

The guy could have done the same (or worse) by driivng a vehicle into the church. I don't see how the inanimate object used has anything to do with it.

Curious as to how they link the Yosemite fires to target shooting. I've been shooting hundreds of times, never set anything on fire.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    too bad prison farms are seen as "cruel and unusual punishment". Then he could work to earn his keep and would be providing a service to the community he wronged. there should be more of them
    They aren't viewed that way everywhere. One prison in New Hampshire that had fairly spacious grounds offered gardening as an option for prisoners who had behaved WELL. Not only did they prefer watering and weeding to staring at the TV, but the prison sold some of the vegetables and served some in the cafeteria, so they made AND saved money.

Work is good medicine, once a sick person figures out they want it. And fresh produce is always a good deal. But this guy sounds like the hospital should definitely be the first stop, or he'll just go around beating and strangling his fellow prisoners.

Love, Columbine

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The guy could have done the same (or worse) by driivng a vehicle into the church. I don't see how the inanimate object used has anything to do with it.

Curious as to how they link the Yosemite fires to target shooting. I've been shooting hundreds of times, never set anything on fire.
    Oh...that old chestnut about cars. See....cars have a purpose...transportation. Guns have a purpose...Killing. Real simple if you think about it...A by-product of many useful objects can be killing...knives, showers, rope, toys. Guns have only one purpose and one by-product.

But of course, you are, I am sure, more of an authority on what started the fire than those investigating it!