Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brace Yourselves...Maybe the Oddest Question Asked RE:Multicat Hoomans?

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Brace Yourselves...Maybe the Oddest Question Asked RE:Multicat Hoomans?

While doing the "Big Dig" (aka litterbox scooping) once again, I realized something. We all know how they line up for the fresh litter be it scooped, or brand-y new...RIGHT? O.K. I have most of my boxes in a row in the basement as it makes it easier to scoop them. How many of you *ehem* hold the scoop under the cat that's using the box you just scooped? I actually find myself often waiting with scoop under the butt of the cat waiting for the 'goods' rather than go back and re-scoop. I usually bury the scoop into the litter so the pee biscuits/etc. don't stick lol! Dear Abby...have I gone over the edge yet?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Maybe the oddest question

Quote Originally Posted by QueenScoopalot
    Dear Abby...have I gone over the edge yet?
    Not quite. At this point you have one foot over the edge and the other on a banana peel..... Yours, Dear Abby
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I think that standing behind a Found Cat thats ready to go would tend to make them a little nervous.
    I cant say that I have ever been in that spot,at that exact time!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

HI JAN, glad to see the old "Jan" back... You cracked me up!

In answer to your quesation, "NO".. I am not that "picky"... LOL! This is so funny, sorry about the pun.... but they do stand there waiting to jump back in, even before the cover is back on it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I was cleaning the box of Johnny and Hyena at the kennel one day - they were out and running around while I had the box on the large 'ping-pong' table where I do the scooping, box on a damp sanitized towel and everything.

Suddenly Johnny jumps up in mid-run, jumps in the box, has a fast good pee, and takes off again! LOL

What a nutbar!

Catty1

I almost choked on my chocolate and tea! I suppose I might do what you do but I've had few cats that would allow me that close during such a personal exercise, and none at present. I do sigh and wait, scoop in hand, as a cat poops in a just-cleaned box, then I flick some litter over it and scoop. I like to walk out of the litter rooms knowing that for a few minutes at least, everything is perfect. I have to close the door when I clean up the downstairs litter boxes because Los invariably comes in and poops in the box right next to the one I'm scooping. The box can be a still dirty one, she doesn't care because she just has a need to poop right under my nose. I've wondered if she regards me as her mother and she's saying "Look mom, I pooped in the box, I'm so good."

ONLY ON PET TALK!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by momcat
    Not quite. At this point you have one foot over the edge and the other on a banana peel..... Yours, Dear Abby
    LOL!!!!!!! Good one momcat.

Jan, you are too much girl.....You had me ROTFLMAO on this one.

No, can't say that I have gone to that extreme. I just wait until they are finished and then scoop it up.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

LOLOLOL . . .

Mine would be like . . . um, hello . . . what do you think you're doing???

Or think it was a game and just forget about going all together.

I can just see you now though . . . LOL . . . how funny.

Laura's right . . . only on PT.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

You,no that gave me a very good idea Kansas does stinky poos in her box which is in our area where the kitchen and dining is and it in the corner and my two are just used to that and her stinky poos stink all the litter, so its horrible evn after you scoop. that is a very good idea.

Finally I got catsters for my beauties!!
    http://www.catster.com/?260059
    http://www.catster.com/?260064

I love my precious kittens and I hope they have long and happy lives filled with love.

Cats and dogs arent pets, theyre family members that need the same respect as humans. Would you dump your children out in the countryside to fend for themselves??

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Chip is the worst culprit. He always jumps into the freshly cleaned potty, and if he doesn't have to do anything in it, he rolls in the litterbox gurgling. If he does I will have a scoop under him so I don't get knocked out...then who'll finish scooping? And the boxes fill up fast when they're scooped, so why not knock off a few moments right? IMO it sure beats doing them all over again lol!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Aw man, I do that! I never even stopped to think about it -- its just something I do!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

too funny,I cant say I wait there holding a scoop under Felix's butt,although he is a fresh litter user boy As soon as its done he jumps in,like its a playground or somethig.Sometimes he gets in while in still pouring the litter Whats up with that?

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    I think that standing behind a Found Cat thats ready to go would tend to make them a little nervous.
    I cant say that I have ever been in that spot,at that exact time!!!
    I must agree with Gary..........

And Dear Abby think you may have gone over the edge, with all of us following you!

I can't believe I even answered this thread! .........only a PT'er would understand!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

**raises hand**
    Yup, I've been there, done that. My RB Speckles always used to hang her butt outside the LB so one time I followed her into the room and waited for the stance.....then I placed the scoop right underneath her and plop, plop, they landed right on target. All I had to do was run to the bathroom and flush.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.