Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uppity date on my wrist (if interested)

Uppity date on my wrist (if interested)

it'll be a summer of still wearing my attractive splints. One side looks healed (radius-thumb side) but the pinky finger side (ulna) is destroyed. Eventually I'll have all 9 pins taken out and either have a bone graft (to replace 3/4 inch missing bone), metal plates or maybe leave it be, depending on the pain (almost constant) The doc was nice enough to let me make my decision after the summer cause I'd be roasting in another huge cast. Physical therapy to strengthen my fingers prior to more surgery is going well. I can't make a fist or bend my fingers yet, but the improvement is awesome. Long road ahead. More court hearings (township-animal control) since the dogs' owner keeps asking for a continuance. Caught him off guard with my 9 witnesses. He has to be physically outside with the dogs when they go out. Shame to live in fear.

I've been Boooo'd!

Glad to hear you are coming along as well as can be expected. I'm sure nurse Klo is doing a fine job as long as she gets her Rrrr Rrr's, right?
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

glad to hear update sorry it's not better news . thinking of you.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Document everything, every doctor's visit, therpist visit, pain, suffering, etc. That man should not be allowed to own those dogs, and should pay compensation for the very real suffering and permanent damage which has been caused you.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini9961
    Glad to hear you are coming along as well as can be expected. I'm sure nurse Klo is doing a fine job as long as she gets her Rrrr Rrr's, right?
    Absolutely! I ran out of Rrr's the other day and replaced them with "K's" (special K)...you know, for a thinner waistline! Just a temporary fix! BTW, she still LOVES her beaten up "vet"-nobody can go near it. I still wear the slippers and use my mug every day!
    Sweet thing killed 2 groundhogs in one day and ripped the shreds out of something else, and dropped them at my feet in pride. She's making up for not protecting me from the attack dogs, but i'm glad she didn't get involved.

I've been Boooo'd!

hugs still sent to you Karen!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I was just thinking about you this morning. I'm so glad you posted an update for us. I wish there was something I could do to help out. Sounds like such a long and painful ordeal. I always keep you in my thoughts. You hang in there! Keep up the great work with the physical therapy and don't let the legal stuff get you down. Just keep up the good fight!

Wishing you all the best!

{{{HUGS}}}

Glad to hear from you. I sure wish the news was better, but SOME improvement is better than no improvement. Keep upi the good work, you'll beat this.

{Hugs} to you......
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'm glad something is being done about the owner, although I don't know that it's enough. It's more than happens to a lot of others, though. Look at you. Nine witnesses, you go girl. Sounds like you have a great doctor, can't wait to hear that you're able to make a fist again! Then you can go and shake it at the guy who owns those dogs. Get better faster! I'm thinking of you.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I was wondering how you were doing! It sounds awful, but I know you'll do the physical therapy and get that hand working again!

Please keep us updated on the court hearings as you get more info.

Of course we're interested silly!

Karen thanks for the update.

I know how painful it still must be, still reminds me of my mom. But as I said before, have faith. Mom's arm and hand still gives her pain needless to say but she is able to use it, It's just not as strong as it used to be. I'm hoping the same for you.

I agree with Karen, this man should have to pay for all this pain and suffering you are going through.

Glad to hear that Klo is showing you how much she loves you

Lots of hugs to you and your sweet girl!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Karen, I almost missed this and I am so glad I came back to PT for one more glance before leaving today. First of all, Bella is quite impressed and in awe of Klo's groundhog hunting skills. You are right! Better that she didn't get involved when the dogs were attacking. You have a long road ahead of you I am afraid, but I hope at the end of it there will be justice for you and a complete healing of your hand/wrist. You are always in my thoughts friend! Please keep everyone here updated as you have been doing.

Always thinking of you!! I wish you lots of love and luck with the surgerys and physical therapy.

*HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Document everything, every doctor's visit, therpist visit, pain, suffering, etc. That man should not be allowed to own those dogs, and should pay compensation for the very real suffering and permanent damage which has been caused you.

Karen, Ms. Karen's advice is critical. I can't emphasize this enough. WRITE IT DOWN! Everything and don't wait because you surely will forget over time and don't forget to take pictures too. This isn't something you can just rely on your lawyer to handle. Consider yourself his partner in this matter.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France