Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gini's Cat Art

Gini's Cat Art

Hello everyone!
    After I got Annie and Emma to Cathy, I went by Gini's on my way home. Her family had requested the "Cat Art" go to me, in hopes that it would go to people that would enjoy and remember Gini by it. Mike (Gini's brother in Boston, executor of her trust) thought it would be a neat idea to accept donations for Annie and Emma in exchange for the art. This way it would get to those that want it and help Gini's girls at the same time. Donations would also have to include the cost of shipping. I'll do the leg-work and wrapping/packing, but cannot pay for it.

**Disclaimer: If you gave any of these items to Gini and would like them back, please let me know. All I ask is that you pay for shipping as I cannot afford it.**

So, here are pics, measurements (in inches) and what I know of each piece. If anyone is interested, please contact me. [[email protected] is the best way.] I can also get a rough estimate of shipping costs if a zip code is given to me…and will give you my zip if you want to get more precise shipping amounts as well.

Please forgive the glare/reflections…if it wasn't the windows/lights/sky light causing me issues, it was MY reflection. Not sure how to avoid that.

#1:
    This is a candle holder as well. I haven't seen it in use, but imagine it "throws" beautiful shadows when lit.

Measurements: 20" tall, 15.5" long, 6.75" wide
    Weight: 5.5 lbs

#2:
    This sat in front of Gini's fireplace and is actually two pieces. It swings a little bit, but not much. Its all metal.
    Measurements: base: 11.75" tall, nearly 9" wide, cat/mouse: 14.5" tall, 13.5" wide

#3:
    Kitty coasters: hand-painted WOOD (total of 3) Now belong to Staci (shaismom)!

#4:
    Kitty coasters: hand-painted CERAMIC (total of 6)
    These are hand-painted, ceramic coasters. Super cute. I again think these were a gift to Gini as I have a set too, somewhere in my boxes in storage.
    Measurements: I also didn't measure these, but they are a little smaller than the wood ones above.

More coming in next post….
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 01-16-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy View Post
    Hello everyone!
    After I got Annie and Emma to Cathy, I went by Gini's on my way home. Her family had requested the "Cat Art" go to me, in hopes that it would go to people that would enjoy and remember Gini by it. Mike (Gini's brother in Boston, executor of her trust) thought it would be a neat idea to accept donations for Annie and Emma in exchange for the art. This way it would get to those that want it and help Gini's girls at the same time. Donations would also have to include the cost of shipping. I'll do the leg-work and wrapping/packing, but cannot pay for it.

**Disclaimer: If you gave any of these items to Gini and would like them back, please let me know. All I ask is that you pay for shipping as I cannot afford it.**

So, here are pics, measurements (in inches) and what I know of each piece. If anyone is interested, please contact me. [[email protected] is the best way.] I can also get a rough estimate of shipping costs if a zip code is given to me…and will give you my zip if you want to get more precise shipping amounts as well.

Please forgive the glare/reflections…if it wasn't the windows/lights/sky light causing me issues, it was MY reflection. Not sure how to avoid that.

#1:
    This is a candle holder as well. I haven't seen it in use, but imagine it "throws" beautiful shadows when lit.

Measurements: 20" tall, 15.5" long, 6.75" wide
    Weight: 5.5 lbs

#2:
    This sat in front of Gini's fireplace and is actually two pieces. It swings a little bit, but not much. Its all metal.
    Measurements: base: 11.75" tall, nearly 9" wide, cat/mouse: 14.5" tall, 13.5" wide

#3:
    Kitty coasters: hand-painted WOOD (total of 3)
    These are light-weight and gorgeous. I'm sure these were a gift to Gini…they are unique and look like something a PTer or close would give her.
    Measurements: I didn't measure these, but they are approx. 4" at their longest parts.

#4:
    Kitty coasters: hand-painted CERAMIC (total of 6)
    These are hand-painted, ceramic coasters. Super cute. I again think these were a gift to Gini as I have a set too, somewhere in my boxes in storage.
    Measurements: I also didn't measure these, but they are a little smaller than the wood ones above.

More coming in next post….
    I bid 70 dollars for the candle holder and 30 for the six coaster. I don't know how you want to do this, but I do like those pieces. THANKS!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

#5: **Plush Black Kitty has a new home w Slick**

#6: The Complete Book of Cats
    I think this was on Gini's coffee table in her front room. Its really pretty and has some neat 'stories' and photos.
    Measurements: 12" x 12"

#7: **Sugar's Photo has a new home with Slick!**

#8:
    Framed cross-stitch of a tabby cat. (Looks a little like Gini's kitty Patches)
    Measurements: 12.25" x 11.5"
    Weight: 1.5 lbs

More coming...
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 01-15-2014 at 09:44 PM.

I'm going to be bidding quite high for all the photos of Sugar as well as #5. Just waiting on the rest of items to appear.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

OK, here comes the actual art. These were all painted and drawn by Gini's ex-husband, Tucker (Tom). He was amazingly talented and my photos in NO way do his work justice. Its truly amazing.

#9: **"Patches & Magic" have a new home with Slick**

#10:
    "Sugar at Christmas", 1995
    Watercolor Christmas portrait of Sugar…Gini's special kitty. Believe it or not, when I think of Gini and kitties, Sugar is the first one that comes to mind. She loved that little cat so dearly. Tucker did such a beautiful job with this portrait.
    Measurements: 17" x 18.5"
    Weight: 2 lbs

#11:
    "Sugar"
    This one seems like it could be a watercolor, but I think its oil paint. The strokes are tiny, so at first I thought it was colored pencil drawing. Its BEAUTIFUL and light and airy. So pretty. I nearly kept this one, but wanted to share Gini with everyone that knew her. (If you don't like the frame, maybe I can pull the painting out and just ship it in a tube?)
    Measurement: 21" x 26.5"
    Weight: 4.5 lbs

That's it! Please email me if you are interested. Remember, we also need to ship these to you, so please figure that in whatever amount you want to donate to the girls, OK? Again, just email or PM me for my zip code so you can check shipping rates.
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 01-15-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Slick?

Mano a mano?

I like #11.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Slick?

Mano a mano?

I like #11.
    I know, huh? Its gorgeous, huh??

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Hey Richard ~ We have the copper/kitty/candle holder thingy in our house. Bobcat put a string of lights inside on a timer. It gives off great "mood" lighting.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Wow! I love it! The art style is awesome and I would love to have something like that at our house!

I LOVE this thread and I LOVE the fact it benefits A&E!

I'm not bidding (yet ) but I'll be watching # 9 & 11.

It's funny, Kelly - you think "Sugar" in relation to Gini and her kitties and I think "Magic."

These are going fast!

Slick is now the proud owner of #5 (plush kitty), #7 photo of Sugar, and #9 sketch of Patches and Magic

I'll edit my initial posts to remove these items.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post
    It's funny, Kelly - you think "Sugar" in relation to Gini and her kitties and I think "Magic."
    That's funny. I can still hear Gini saying Magic's name, but for some reason, it was Sugar that gave me the most "Gini love" vibes. Too funny! Interesting the stories we remember most, huh? They are both such gorgeous kitties. I'm so glad she's with then now.

That #11 is simply - amazing, stunning - I don't have the words.

Was Gini's ex at her memorial? He certainly seems to have really loved the cats.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I believe he passed away several years ago.

This is such a wonderful thread! The 'cat art' including cat objects (not just art as in paintings) are varied and quite unique. The art by Gini's husband is wonderful, such talent!

But most of all, what struck me is the love of PT'ers for one another, that one person touched so many in so many ways, online. The caring, for her cats, and the ways of raising funds for their care, like this. Makes me proud to be a part of this online community!

I've never seen anything like that #1, the cat candle holder, and hearing you can put a string of lights inside is such a wonderful idea! And if you have cats, much safer than a candle.

I do have the set of 6 cat coasters; they are quite small, the edges are raised so most coffee mugs won't fit 'inside.' I wanted to have a special metal piece made and hang them on the wall, but haven't go around to that yet.