Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

It is very warm here in CA. It was in the mid 60s when we left our house at 430pm.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It is now appropriately cold, the former puddles are now frozen over, and crackle when stepped on, the sky is clear and bright with stars, good Christmas Eve weather, in my mind! We still have plenty of snow on the ground, and snowbanks, but roads and walkways are clear, so that was nice!
    I've Been Frosted

WArm during the day. Cold at night. It's either warm and raining (extended monsoon season) or cold and dry.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    14 degrees F here this Christmas morning with a fresh coating, 2 inches of snow during Christmas Eve. Very pretty & quiet out. Have to throw another log on the fire.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

It was supposed to get into the upper 30s last night. It went below freezing to 26. Brrrrr
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It's snowing, it's snowing!
    Pretty touch-up snow
    So lovely as it falls and covers
    All the bare patches
    The dirty ice at the edges of roadways
    Fills the aur with lightness
    Highlights still branches in white lace

It's snowing, it's snowing
    Pretty touch-up snow
    Just dusting the landscape like
    Grandma dusting gingerbread
    with confectioner's sugar!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    It was a regular heat wave here today 39 degrees F., the sun was shining bright, we let the stove go out & opened some of the windows for awhile.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Let's morph this into a "What are your predicted totals for the storm much of the Eastern half of the country is about to get? I noticed from the map on Weather.com that the 12"-18" swath stretches from us in the Boston area all the way back into where Phred used to live in Ohio!
    I've Been Frosted

At 10:00 am local time (it's 10:35 now) it's 25 below F with a wind chill of 42 below F.

YIKES!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Only supposed to have 2-3 inches of snow here in NE Ohio. Dropping to -9*F tonight. 4* F for a high Tuesday.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Only supposed to have 2-3 inches of snow here in NE Ohio. Dropping to -9*F tonight. 4* F for a high Tuesday.
    Chocolatepuppy, we're having just about about the same conditions as you have here in Cabot, PA. It's 21 degrees right now, but with the wind chill it will soon go down to the single digits today with snow showers. Tonight it'll be -8 with a high? of 5 degrees! BRRRRRRR!!

Okay, right now, we are having the odd day - 57° F and pouring rain - so yes, with all the snow we had - slush happens!
    I've Been Frosted

Warm (40 deg) this morning, then dropped like a stone. 27 right now, windy, and supposed to hit -5 by morning.

By the way, when did 25 MPH winds become "breezy" in forecaster's lexicon?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Right now it's a tropical 42 degrees and raining in Trenton. Weather reports say the temps will drop to 15 degrees by the afternoon rush and by tomorrow morning we'll be back to sub zero cold. They're also saying this is the coldest weather we've had in 20 years.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Was -6*F at 8 this morning, and windy! Not sure what it is now.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers