So you dont follow laws you feel are silly? Color me surprised.

The law was written to make it very difficult to run a write in campaign. If some poor bloke who cant spell, cant take the time or is to ambivalent to learn by rote how to spell the candidates name he has no one to blame but himself if his vote is ruled invalid.

In this state it is dependent on your willingness to learn to correctly spell the last name of the candidate you wish to write in.

Yes I think it is fair that you should lose an election if you cannot educate your supporters how to spell your name.

Make all the excuses you want, like you always do, to excuse people from personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
It seems to me tho blue, that the law is a bit silly.
For instance, if some poor old bloke can't spell right, or can't spell at all, and puts something in there that indicates plain as sunshine his intent, then is it fair that his vote be invalid ????
Is the right to have ones vote counted only dependant on ones ability to spell correctly ???
Hey, my surname is Browne.
If I was running for office against Jones, how many votes would be cast with Brown in the box ????
Do you think it fair that I should lose that election should those voters not put the "E" at the end of my name ????
I think the judge has shown a lot of commonsense in his ruling. And it's about time that judges should rule those silly laws as inappropriate.