Thread: I wish I wasn't so sad...

I wish I wasn't so sad...

I am feeling really depressed lately. Good things are happening, and I really don't have a reason to feel down but for some reason everything and everyone is getting under my skin. I don't know if I'm just taking things too personally or what but my husband has noticed a major change in me. I feel bad about that too, because I feel like I haven't been paying him the attention that I normally do.
    Sigh...just wanted to vent a little

Sorry you're feeling down DJ.

Since my thyroid is fresh on my mind these days....have you had your thyroid levels checked lately? Just curious because what you describe sounds like me a few years ago. Turns out I had hypothyroidism which means it's not working up to full speed and producing everything it needs to produce. Some of the symptoms are being tired and depressed all the time. With me, it got to the point where I was snapping at Terry for every minor little thing until one day I really wigged out on him. By that time I had already gone to the doctor, but the test results were back yet. Thank goodness they came back later that day so I could at least somewhat explain my weird behavior to him - and to myself! I would cry at the drop of a hat - and I'm generally not a crier. I was so tense and irritable that I wonder how anyone close to me made it through that period. Now with the correct thyroid meds, my levels are back where they should be and I feel so much better in general. I still get my days of feeling tired and depressed, but everybody has days like that.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out what has worked for me. I hope you feel better soon.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm sorry you are feeling down {{{{hugs}}}}

Some people are getting depressed when it's starting to get darker, perhaps that's the reason. I hope you'll feel better soon!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

T&P, I will definatly have my thyroid checked. That sounds like whats been going on with me.

Randi, I do notice that as winter approaces I get crabbier. Mostly because I HATE the cold!

Again, thanks for the support.

I felt the same way, almost sucidial, until I started taking Sam-E. It's basically a natural supplement . . . a natural anti-anxiety supplement that you can find anyplace that carries vitamins. You might want to look into it. I get mine at Walmart.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    Some people are getting depressed when it's starting to get darker, perhaps that's the reason. I hope you'll feel better soon!
    That's what I was thinking - it's S.A.D. (Seasonal Affect Disorder).

I have Chromalux lights in all my light fixtures. They are "full spectrum" lights which are the closest thing to natural light. They are brighter and last longer than regular light bulbs. They also are more expensive, but to me it's worth it.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

DJ,

Alot of people suffer from SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. It usually happens when the fall and winter come. That's also why bears hybernate.

I get that way too. It does pass, trust me. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.

They sell lightbulbs at Bed, Bath & Beyond for SAD. It's like plugging in the sun in a lamp. I send my best friend one and she has it in a desk lamp. She loves it and says it works. They're only about $8. It's worth a try!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!