Thread: Zoee hurt her nose. Update #15

Hybrid View

Oh no! Maybe a sharp spot on the fence? I hope you figure it out soon. Poor Zoee.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ouch!!! Poor Zoe. I hope she heals up quickly and doesn't keep on injuring her poor nose.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Oh no! Maybe a sharp spot on the fence? I hope you figure it out soon. Poor Zoee.
    Bruce went out and did find a wire that was sticking out in a part of the fence that she might have been interacting with the other dog. He fixed it, so I hope it doesn't happen again. We checked the whole perimeter of the fence, which is difficult since it is dense in most areas with ivy.
    I can't help but think it wasn't the wire. It looks like more of a scrape to me and not a cut. But who knows? I do hope that was the cause and now it is fixed.

Thanks for all the love from everyone. I get tears in my eyes every time I look at her poor nose.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OUCH, poor thing! Most of the time when you try putting topicals on areas like that, it draws more attention to the area and they just want to lick it off. While licking wounds in and of itself isn't entirely beneficial, as long as she isn't rubbing it or excessively licking the area, it should heal fine on its own. That's a really difficult area to treat, though, as no matter what, even if she isn't trying to lick her nose, she will lick it inadvertently after eating, etc. Probably doesn't even warrant a vet trip unless it gets infected.

It COULD have been the wire... at least, for your (and her!) sake I hope that's all it was!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    OUCH, poor thing! Most of the time when you try putting topicals on areas like that, it draws more attention to the area and they just want to lick it off. While licking wounds in and of itself isn't entirely beneficial, as long as she isn't rubbing it or excessively licking the area, it should heal fine on its own. That's a really difficult area to treat, though, as no matter what, even if she isn't trying to lick her nose, she will lick it inadvertently after eating, etc. Probably doesn't even warrant a vet trip unless it gets infected.

It COULD have been the wire... at least, for your (and her!) sake I hope that's all it was!
    Yeah, the first thing I did was called my sister who is a vet tech. She said the same thing. I didn't put anything on it and luckily she isn't licking it a lot. In fact it's almost like she doesn't even know its there. And she's an excessive licker in general, so I'm glad she's leaving this alone. You can see in the second picture that the first spot is already starting to heal up.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Ouch! Poor girl. Glad it isn't bothering her and I hope you guys found the cause. Ethan used to get too excited running and cut his feet up in our yard on the rocks. It always broke my heart when he would come in limping, so I definitely know how bad it feels to see one of our babies get hurt.
    Get well soon, Zoee!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Ouch. It sure looks painful but it's good that she doesn't seem to feel it much. Hope it gets better soon.

Well, I don't know exactly when.........but her nose is completely healed and you can't even see the spots anymore. Whew!!
    If you look close you can see little indents, but her nose is all black again.