Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone's FUR like?

What's everyone's FUR like?

I was wondering what everyone's fur is like

Allen:
    Rather rough but soft at the same time, but big fluffy tummy.

Pouncer:
    Smooth, soft fur with hugely fluffy tummy!

Harry:
    Somewhat rough, course, thick... I really can't describe it! Nice fluffy tummy though. He doesn't care to be petted too often

Abby:
    Silk! She has wonderful silky fur that I could pet all day long, which is good because she'd love to be petted all day long. Its "thin" not at all fluffy (except the tummy) but its like gliding my hand over the finest smoothest silk.

foster Minette:
    Soft fluffy fur like bunny fur

How about your kitties? What do they feel like?

Great question:

Tigris: The silkiest fur you can imagine, fine, thick with lots of underwool, especially fluffy at the belly. Very high petability factor.

Filou: Sleeky silky- nearly no underwool, a tight fit- but 100% best Abyssinian silk
    Can slip through your fingers easily while you pet him

BTW When I read your question I was happy to learn that "everyone's fur" was "the kitties' fur" as mine is not half as purrfect as theirs

Meka - thin silk - soooooo soft

Max - getting softer. Longer smooth and soft but not like Meka's silk...

Tigger is semi soft.

Smokey has the most unpleasant fur of all. It is very rough and coarse.

Tucker has the deepest, most plush fur of everyones, and a saggy, fluffy belly.

Mystic has shiny, silky fur but she gets a lot of dander on her back. She has the most wonderful soft white spot on her belly.

Abner's fur is just 6 inches of pure silk. He is as soft as can be. Perfect fur to bury you head into and take a nap.

Gabriel is silky in spots and course everywhere else.

Gracie is silky as well....there is a huge difference in Gabe's fur and Gracie's. In the dark you can tell who is on side of you just by touch.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Mollie Rose (Tortie) is a combo of soft/coarse

MooShoo (Hairless) VEERRRRYYYY soft and warm!

Shortie is very soft

Maya Linn very soft

LilEli combo coarse/soft

Mattie Grace is SO soft!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Archie has very fine, silky fur that tends to stand up in spikes in dry weather.

Bill has thick, plushy fur that feels "alive." He's got a little ridge of stand-up fur along his back that makes him look like a wildcat.

Dinah has dense, flat, smooth fur, typical for Siamese full-breeds, even though she's a cross.

Mau has food allergies, and his coat is very thick, but dry and dandruffy. We have him on prescription, hypoallergenic food, but his coat isn't improving much. I do worry about that boy!

They are my babies and I love them every one!

Julie's fur is very soft and her belly is fluffy, however she has a black strip down her back which is slightly slicker and shinier than the rest of her.

The Meezers.have very fine Soft Fur.Petting Moose,JJJ3,and Ragnar,is like petting a Mohair Pillow,very plush.Scrappy 2,had roughish fur,as do Nugget,and Rascal.Michael,and Princess.have short,petable Fur.I am petting Michael,as I type! Good Cat,that Michael!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Meko's hair is soft as silk. In the winter she has a soft wooly undercoat that thins in the summer.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Ripley has a mixture of fur - kind of coarse and soft down his back, fluffy on his belly and neck and silky on his hind quarters. He has a lot of different lenght fur too.

Jazz - silky fur all over and it always feels cool to the touch just like pure silk.

Scout - feels like bunny fur everywhere, I love to pet her.

Rocky - mostly silky soft but not like Jazz's, its warmer and he has a very plush fluffy belly. Clubber is fluffy but both soft and coarse like wool.

Rumor - she has odd fur. Some days it's the softest fur ever and others days it feel almost synthetic. It's extremely thick and fluffy and her belly is always soft and fluffy. Her fur will almost smother you and always feels warm, even hot.
    Last edited by jazzcat; 03-29-2005 at 01:54 PM.

From Decker with Love

Tubby's fur was coarse and kind of rough, but nice and soft on his tummy, which he didn't allow you to touch until he got old.

Peanut's fur is like Ripley's. It's different lengths and different textures and sometimes, like Rumor's, it fells almost synthetic. And she is most prone to static cling.

Cracker Jack, on the other hand, has the softest fur ever, especially on his tummy! I just love running my fingers through his fur and am especially delighted when he allows tummy rubs.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Mishi has that wonderful, long silky soft Maine Coon fur that often feels cool to the touch. His tummy is a wonderful tumble of silky curls. His butt-fluff looks like down and feels just as soft.

Mitzi is my little "Wool-de-beast" Her fur is SO thick and wooly, sometimes it feels rough. I've noticed since I've changed her diet, it's gotten softer. Her belly is WONDERFULLY wooly-soft and I love to to bury my nose in it although she's not too crazy about me doing that - the little minx! She needs brushing on an almost daily basis or the wool tends to matt badly.

And as for MY fur .... I won't answer that!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Fun thread!

Noah: fur is a bit coarse on the darker colored spots in his back, but otherwise I usually say its like down...especially on his tummy. He has so much fur...he's so fuzzy.

Noel: Pretty thick and silky all over. The fur on her back seems less soft

Basie: Thin fur, but very silky and soft all over. His softest fur is above the large pad in his feet.

Livvy: She had very silky, soft, thick black fur. It was luxurious!

Micah: His fur is silky, especially on his tummy. It seems thin compared to the others, but maybe that's because its so short?

Hermione: Her fur is really soft and silky...but very short too.

Samson: fur is just like Basie's

Phoebe (Pee Pee): fur is a lot like Micahs. It shines in the light, but is very short and silky. Her tummy fur is softer.

Jonah: His fur is very thick and soft...especially on his tummy
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Don Juan is a short-haired tabby. His fur is exceptionally silky and soft, with a dense undercoat. And he just loves his daily brushings with a Love Glove (R).

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Saphirah--Her fur is very shiny and slick.

Chloe--Her fur is soft and fluffy.

Samson--His fur is long and soft. (When he first came to us, his fur was dull and matted. We think this was due to his poor diet as a stray.)