Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Oh, what good news! We are sending along our prayers and warm loving wishes to Billie and you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

My dad went into the hospital yesterday. He had some tests today, I just got off the phone with my mom and he is looking and feeling better. I hope he will be home by this time tomorrow. So I am relieved.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Aww, that's good, prayers for continued recovery!
    I've Been Frosted

Major Prayers for a friend

I have a friend that thinks with her heart and not her head when it comes to her ne'er do well husband. I've been really worried about her. I'm really worried for her tonight. Please, send prayers that she will think before acting. She wants this marriage to work so bad that she will believe anything he tells her.

I'll explain more later.
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 04-11-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I have a friend that thinks with her heart and not her head when it comes to her ne'er do well husband. I've been really worried about her. I'm really worried for her tonight. Please, send prayers that she will think before acting. She wants this marriage to work so bad that she will believe anything he tells here.

I'll explain more later.
    She'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

PTers, I'm not sure if this made the national news so you may not have heard about it. We had some crazy weather west of Chicago earlier this week. There was a big tornado (category 4 - almost the most severe) that came through. It involved Fairdale, Illinois which is a small town about 75 miles northwest of where I live. About 50 homes in the town and every single one had damage. Many were damaged beyond repair. Then another one in Rochelle, which is part of the Rockford municipal area. Homes and buildings were damaged there too, but that one was not as severe as the one in Fairdale. The governor is making a visit to assess the damage and declare the counties as disaster areas, which means they will be entitled to federal funds. He is also giving $100,000 individually (as a contributor- not the state's money) to help, because it will take time for the state to get out there, get set up and start helping people. I bet the president will either come or send someone from his staff to make a visit, too. So if you could say a prayer for the people in Illinois who were affected by these spring storms.

I am fine. The power went out in my building but that happens a lot when the weather is crazy. These are not the kind of April showers I like!

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This tornado with its massive destruction was all over the news here. How sad, how tragic for all involved.

Prayers for all affected by such fierce storms.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear, prayers on the way! I guess we're all at the mercy of Mother Nature. Not looking forward to our turn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I have a friend that thinks with her heart and not her head when it comes to her ne'er do well husband. I've been really worried about her. I'm really worried for her tonight. Please, send prayers that she will think before acting. She wants this marriage to work so bad that she will believe anything he tells her.

I'll explain more later.
    I have a freind, sounds just like her. I'll send a prayer for sure but, sometimes a helluva lot more is required if ya know what I mean.

If she is believing everything he tells her to make the marriage work, that marriage isn't working at all - not by a long shot.

I hope she wakes up soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Keeping everyone in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    If she is believing everything he tells her to make the marriage work, that marriage isn't working at all - not by a long shot.

Aww, but it could be so many things. Wide awake or not, there's financial fears, domesic abuse that could be deadly and some people would rather be with a DB than be alone. Cultural issues, the list goes on and on...Sometimes action is in order, it is certainy uncertainable without the facts eh?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    PTers, I'm not sure if this made the national news so you may not have heard about it. We had some crazy weather west of Chicago earlier this week. There was a big tornado (category 4 - almost the most severe) that came through. It involved Fairdale, Illinois which is a small town about 75 miles northwest of where I live. About 50 homes in the town and every single one had damage. Many were damaged beyond repair. Then another one in Rochelle, which is part of the Rockford municipal area. Homes and buildings were damaged there too, but that one was not as severe as the one in Fairdale. The governor is making a visit to assess the damage and declare the counties as disaster areas, which means they will be entitled to federal funds. He is also giving $100,000 individually (as a contributor- not the state's money) to help, because it will take time for the state to get out there, get set up and start helping people. I bet the president will either come or send someone from his staff to make a visit, too. So if you could say a prayer for the people in Illinois who were affected by these spring storms.

I am fine. The power went out in my building but that happens a lot when the weather is crazy. These are not the kind of April showers I like!

Thank you,
    Elyse

I don't have cable or satellite so I didn't hear about the tornadoes. So sorry that happened. It's scary. I managed to miss the storms (23 tornadoes) that hit NC a few years. The destruction was terrible. I was visiting my bro at the time.

Hugs to you. Prayers for all.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I have a freind, sounds just like her. I'll send a prayer for sure but, sometimes a helluva lot more is required if ya know what I mean.
    I was honest with her tonight. He supposedly had an almost rent free house for them. He's working in flooring and the boss had a few houses he could trade rent for work. She finally saw the house today or so she said. She wasn't thrilled but they didn't get to move in.

I told her point blank that I didn't' trust her husband and that I thought he made all of that up. They were evicted from their trailer because she was the only one working.

I'm not sure that she believes everything he says, but she wants this to work. So she lies to her friends and family. He's on prescription painkillers, too, and illegally I might add. SIGH.

She won't listen. Even her sister is posting on FB about making decisions and tagging her.

I care about her, but the drama is driving me nuts.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

I think I'm going to work on reverse psychology.
    Anne