Thread: The joys of Bullys.....

The joys of Bullys.....

So, someone has outgrown the collar I THOUGHT would expand enough to fit her neck. So, we got her a new collar and a harness, because the collar was rubbing her already thin fur off on her neck.

I got the old collar off............

Now I have a problem. She won't calm down enough to put either the new collar or harness on! Silly goofball, we can't go out unless you have your dress on!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

LH, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you meant the bullies at school Angel, oh my goodness! Are you excited because your person brought you a new collar? I am thinking you're a happy, bouncy girl a lot of the time Your person says you need to have it on before you go outside. That is important! I hope you have loads of fun outside once your new "gear" is in place!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We finally deigned to let me put the collar on, and I have been paying for the indignity of the whole thing since. I have been beaten with a ball, had my arm pulled out of socket (figuratively) by a rope, and had someone try to get in my lap at the kitchen table.

We also had to go outside and be an insane pup, playing with a stick and chasing me around the yard for 10-15 minutes. I'd love to bottle her energy and take some to work with me.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

We bought Louie a new collar once, same type as his original one but he would have nothing to do with it. It just didn't smell right.. Fortunately, his old collar wasn't too small, it had just grown ratty over the years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    LH, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you meant the bullies at school Angel, oh my goodness! Are you excited because your person brought you a new collar? I am thinking you're a happy, bouncy girl a lot of the time Your person says you need to have it on before you go outside. That is important! I hope you have loads of fun outside once your new "gear" is in place!
    Here I thought Ladies Human got a bull dog & it was growing out of its collar. Maybe a nice treat would work then very carefully slip the collar on Angel when she is busy eating the treat?
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Here I thought Ladies Human got a bull dog & it was growing out of its collar. Maybe a nice treat would work then very carefully slip the collar on Angel when she is busy eating the treat?
    Oh, Bonny - Angel (who is part Bulldog, really it is anyone's guess, maybe Bulldog, Boxer, Pittie ... ) does not actual hold still for treats! She will "sit" (good puppy!) but then the treat is inhaled and wiggling commences! And if the human is low enough to the ground to attempt to put a collar on, well, it must be time for play, with plenty of kisses thrown in, right? Holding still is just not in her vocabulary!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Angel is one happy dog, wiggles & all.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

About the only times she's still enough to get a collar on her is when she's napping.

When she's up and about, even while sitting she's wiggling. The spots where she sits to get her cookies don't need to be swept, she sweeps them with her tail, as her butt is wiggling while she's waiting for her cookies.