Update...

Ethan was doing great, until -- yet again-- he finished off the previcox. He still has enough of an appetite to eat a can or two of wet food, but he is in so much pain. Even getting up off his dog bed makes him yelp, and if he lays a certain way he just whines and whines. He can hardly walk and I am afraid to pick him up or even help reposition him because I know it hurts him. Our vet seems to be at a loss on what to do from here. He'll have more Previcox for us tomorrow, and until then he told us to use aspirin for the pain (which doesn't seem to do much, if anything, for Ethan). Thankfully the previcox will kick in quickly once administered, but until then....

Right now it is killing me to see my little guy like this. I can't sleep knowing he is in pain, every time I hear him whimper or I watch him try to walk I start crying. I am trying so hard to keep him as comfortable as possible, and since he is so sensitive to my emotions, I've been trying not to let him see how upset I am.... but I feel like I am crying constantly. I just don't know what to do. I feel so helpless.