Thread: Interesting simple Alzheimer's test

Interesting simple Alzheimer's test

http://www.popsci.com/article/scienc...src=SOC&dom=tw

Peanut butter! There is a way - detailed in the article - that one can test for Alzheimer's disease! It has to do with what senses an Alzheimer's patient loses first, and which nostril one is using. Really cool and a test one can do at home!
    I've Been Frosted

well don't know what to think about this one, sadly my dad has just been diagnosed with Alzheimers two weeks ago, it has been devastating to say the least, i wish with all my heart there was a cure.,It is so heart breaking.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    well don't know what to think about this one, sadly my dad has just been diagnosed with Alzheimers two weeks ago, it has been devastating to say the least, i wish with all my heart there was a cure.,It is so heart breaking.
    Oh, Carole, so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in our prayers. Do you mind if I ask how old he is? And does he still live at home?
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Carole, I'm so sorry to learn this. I am sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers and good wishes for you and your family, especially your dad.

Love from Pat (and cats)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

My dad will be turning 82 in dec,yes still at home with my mother,but lots of problems ,he is only in the earlier stages and up until his hip
    re placement a year ago he was still running his own business,he still is great with numbers,but because of his memory failing him ,he cannot manage things anymore.
    This is a man who kept physically active and his brain working,so it's so hard to accept this happening to him.

It's been very stressful for us all and things are complicated,it's so hard to see my dads personality changing,he used to be a very bubbly outgoing person ,not anymore,I still see my old dad sometimes .

Thanks for your kind words ,it is always appreciated.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

So sorry to hear this, I send the best to you and family.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

So sorry Carole, my father also suffered from Alzheimers and its very sad he was very meticulous in record keeping on the vehicles etc and I remember him once saying "what the hell is wrong with me" it was really sad.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

My dad had Alzheimers and he always said that the only food that tasted right to him was salty things.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~