Thread: Gretchen Got Spayed Today

Gretchen Got Spayed Today

Poor thing is out of it tonight. Gave her little food about 1/2 hr ago and up it came
    Hoping tomorrow is better for her.

She is enjoying wearing one of Sadie's Christmas sweaters. She is shivering which is normal with some dogs that have had anesthesia so I put it on her. Gretchen looks cute in the sweater.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Oh, Miss Gretchen! I hope you feel much better tomorrow!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Aww, hope you get a picture of her in her borrowed Christmas sweater!
    I've Been Frosted

She will be better once all the anesthesia i out of her system. Sending gentle cuddles to Gretchen from RI.

Blog Entries
    With Missy she didn't get any food till a day & a half later, just water is what they recommended at the Veterinaries office, & we were to keep her quiet & not get her excited which is hard to do when you have a 8 month old pup.

Hope Gretchen will get to feeling better & gentle pat sent to her.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Food is staying down today! She is starting to move around more this afternoon and playing with a bone
    I will try to get a photo for her borrowed sweater.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Craftlady, I was just checking for an update and I am glad to read a good one! Yay, Gretchen and Craftlady! I hope that she will feel even better later today and tomorrow. Gentle pat and a little kiss *kiss* for her. And extra *kisses* for the furry kids!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Photo of Gretchen in Sadie's xmas sweater.

Awww, sweet sleeping pooches!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    With Missy she didn't get any food till a day & a half later, just water is what they recommended at the Veterinaries office, & we were to keep her quiet & not get her excited which is hard to do when you have a 8 month old pup.

Hope Gretchen will get to feeling better & gentle pat sent to her.
    Gretchen is doing great today. Her excitement level is half which is nice considering she is 5 1/2 months old. My vet has instructions for small meals day of surgery back to normal amounts next day. Didn't work for her. Today I gave her 1/2 cup in morning 1/2 cup mid afternoon and 1/2 cup kibble around 9 p.m. she did great with meals today. Probably will go back to normal feeding times (2 times a day) and amount tomorrow (1 cup morning 1 1/2 in evening meal). I'm sure she will be happy, she thought I was starving her LOL

It's good to hear Gretchen is doing so well now. She looks awful cute in the Christmas sweater.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It's good to hear Gretchen is doing so well now. She looks awful cute in the Christmas sweater.
    Gretchen says "thanks for compliment on the sweater" She is starting to play tonight with Snoopy. Bless her heart she hasn't lick the incision site.