Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Street Dog shelter

Unfortunately, that just wouldn't be in the cards. The one KNOWN issue she has is toy aggression with other dogs. (Not furkids, just other canines).

She's excellent with kids, when they were playing outside she immediately backed off of whatever frisbee or ball the kids were playing with her with.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Cat tested

Great news. I love that you are going to have another doggie in your house. There is nothing like it. I assume the new pup has been kitty tested? Can't wait for the new photos and stories.

So sorry to hear about Lady. She was loved, for sure.

Don't forget to keep us posted. You know how we all love pictures!

Sas

Okay, for starters THIS WAS NOT PLANNED!

I just wanted to scritch some ears.

That's all I wanted.

LOH has passed her audition.

Angel comes home Friday. She hasn't been Kitty tested, but both cats have their claws and more vertical than Angel has. Her name will be Angel, not Angel eyes, because it fits with the progression of dog names.

Gracie was a klutz, Lady wasn't a Lady....and now Angel, because while she has a sweet smile, has a somewhat bent halo.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Okay, for starters THIS WAS NOT PLANNED!
    It never is - that's the beauty of it.

And that's why I couldn't go near a shelter or the Petsmart adoption center after I lost Sparky! Besides, Miss Myndi would NOT have approved.

Congrats. May Angel have many happy and healthy years in your care.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hello, Angel! It is very nice to meet you this afternoon! I like your happy face! Do you like to receive petting? There is this place called Thursdays that I visit sometimes where I can be with friends, drink tea or coffee (or sometimes something stronger) and give petting and lovies. (Well, virtual petting and lovies anyway) I am sure your young humans will help you play with toys, serve you a yummy treat and maybe take walks around the block or longer! Welcome to PT!!!!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Welcome to PT Angel! Your "bent halo" will just add a little character, I am sure. You couldn't have found a more loving home so enjoy it!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm very happy you're giving Angel a new home. I know she'll be much loved. She's a beautiful girl, even if her halo has a bit of a tilt. I look forward to meeting her on Thursdays.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Don't know if she'll be a couch cuddler, but I'm sure with a little training she'll do just fine.

The big problem with getting a shelter dog is sorting out potential from the kennel behavior. After a session outside with the kids, she calmed down enough to actually sit and accept some scritches, to there is the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Don't know if she'll be a couch cuddler, but I'm sure with a little training she'll do just fine.

The big problem with getting a shelter dog is sorting out potential from the kennel behavior. After a session outside with the kids, she calmed down enough to actually sit and accept some scritches, to there is the potential.
    Well then, guess I'll have to stop by Thursdays with my sneakers on, grab Angels leash and take her along for my 10 km run!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Well then, guess I'll have to stop by Thursdays with my sneakers on, grab Angels leash and take her along for my 10 km run!
    That sounds like it would be right up Angel's alley!

So sorry to hear of the loss of Lady, but congratulations on your beautiful new addition!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Welcome home Angel!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry for your loss of Lady. Angel is adorable and I am sure she will help you heal.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wait, did I read this correctly?? You adopted the Pitty or the Llasa?? Either way, CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting and welcome to PT, Angel!

Angel is not a pittie, she is a Boxer/Bulldog mix, and she's not home quite yet, but a work in progress! The Lhasa mix was just a "therapy" visit - he's smaller than Patch (resident rambunctious kitty at the house) and so not a good match for that house!
    I've Been Frosted