Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just KNOW there's a mouse in this closet!

I just KNOW there's a mouse in this closet!

Fake mousie, of course....a new picture for Ritzy fans - she spends a lot of time with her front legs buried under the closet door....truth is she chases them all under there and obsesses over them for hours. Silly kitty
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Cute photos of Ritzy! Why is it that cats do that, they love to poke under things to reach something that they can feel but not see! And I know what you mean about them doing it for hours, like the wee morning hours!

LOL!!! Ritzy, you are too cute!!! Can't get mom to keep that door cracked for you?? Come on, Mom..........give the poor thing a break!!

What a doll that Ritzy. And smart too. Sometimes Edwina just sits and stares under one closet door even though there is nothing in there!

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    Cute photos of Ritzy! Why is it that cats do that, they love to poke under things to reach something that they can feel but not see! And I know what you mean about them doing it for hours, like the wee morning hours!

Oh, you know it! I woke up one morning thinking someone had broken into the house....this closet door is at the foot of the stairs, I looked down there and saw Ritzy running from the living room to the door and then "slamming" herself into the closet door trying to reach the mouse.

I often open this door to see a scene much like the picture attached. This is where Ritzy keeps her "stash"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by Logan
    LOL!!! Ritzy, you are too cute!!! Can't get mom to keep that door cracked for you?? Come on, Mom..........give the poor thing a break!!
    She tends to shut it again....and once shut herself inside (still don't know how that one happened)...so I keep it shut. She seems to get a kick out of carrying her mice to this door, dropping them about a foot from the door, flopping on the floor attacking the mouse and then shoving it under the door.

Closet mouse shuffleboard games? A new event at the kitty olympics

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    What a doll that Ritzy. And smart too. Sometimes Edwina just sits and stares under one closet door even though there is nothing in there!

When Ritzy was about a year old, there was a REAL mouse that skittered into this closet. We opened the door, which led to a pile of shoes (ok, so mom's not a neat freak)...Ritz honed in on the smell and proceeded to burrow through the maze of shoes and located this very frightened mousie!

We were able to catch it and set it free outside in the woods...but Ritz seemed annoyed that we gave her this really COOL toy and then just took it away again!

For three days, for hours on end, breaking only for water, food and the litterbox, Ritz sat outside the closet door, hunkered down, STARING...We would check to make sure no more mousies....I think she just thought. I KNOW it will come back!

I've mentioned before that Edwina is not the brightest bulb around. If it weren't for the fact that she is afraid of (live) mice I would be worried by how much time she sits looking under the coat closet door! Sometimes she gets distracted by the patterned rug she is sitting on and stares at that instead....

I've mentioned before that Edwina is not the brightest bulb around. If it weren't for the fact that she is afraid of (live) mice I would be worried by how much time she sits looking under the coat closet door! Sometimes she gets distracted by the patterned rug she is sitting on and stares at that instead....

LOL...yes but with looks like that, who needs brains! Edwina has been my wallpaper for over a month now - such a beautiful kitty

My cats Carly Curl and Maya Lin LOVE those furry mice. Maya Lin kicks them under my stove and dresser. Then she'll sit there, look at me with her big blue eyes and goes "Ma!!" When I moved I found 2 dozen of them under my stove!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Ritzy & Edwina are just too cute!! I love that they are entertained by something as simple as wall paper or a rug...can they come over and teach Basil that????

Cute pictures of Ritzy! Noah and Noel do that too...I am always suprised to find so many mousies under the oven, fridge and inside the closet...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

What cute pictures!!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Ritzy is so CUTE! I want to hold him. and the cat (well all of them too) in the first pic that "I_LOVE_MY _CATS" just posted, so sweet. Ritzy looks like Galvez, the resident cat at the other vets office, when I took Louise there. hes big, and looks like your Ritzy!
    I just love all these cats, want to hold and play with them all!

...Sometimes Edwina just sits and stares under one closet door even though there is nothing in there!
    Ahem, and what makes you so sure that nothing is in there? Wouldn't you feel silly if a phantom mouse is being kept from breaking through the door and drooling all over you and your hubby by the patient and valient Edwina??? What a nasty way for Pet Talk to lose a respected pillar: phantom mouse drooled to death. Ewwww!

Edwina: you go girl! Protect your humans! Gooooood kitty-kitty.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by AmberLee

Ahem, and what makes you so sure that nothing is in there? Wouldn't you feel silly if a phantom mouse is being kept from breaking through the door and drooling all over you and your hubby by the patient and valient Edwina??? What a nasty way for Pet Talk to lose a respected pillar: phantom mouse drooled to death. Ewwww!

Edwina: you go girl! Protect your humans! Gooooood kitty-kitty.
    You know it Amberlee! I never underestimate Ritzy-girl's "stare downs" - more times than not,they HAVE been real critters!