Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another whitecoat visit

Here's hoping it is a slow-growing kind. Give Lady a kiss on the noggin for me, please!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So sorry to hear of Lady's diagnosis. Hopefully it's very slow growing and she will be able to be around for a long time to come. Prayers going out to Lady and crew from us here in DE.

BTW - how old is Lady?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm sorry to hear about Lady's health problem. I hope she can be happy and comfy for a long time. I know you'll do all you can to help her. It's so sad and upsetting to hear bad news about our beloved pets.

I can answer that, Pomtzu, Lady is 12 years old.
    I've Been Frosted

I was sorry to read this about Lady. I hope it is the slow growing kind.

I was talking to Amy about fewer people coming to the Pet Talk gatherings and how I thought it was related to Phred's passing but she pointed out that all the dogs are so much older now and have slowed down so an entire day at the park is not so much fun for them anymore. There is not all the running and scuffling that there used to be --- and when I look at my dogs I realized how true that was. When we started these the dogs where all much younger and now they are all up there. Dazzi is 12 and Taggert is 10. And the older they get the more illnesses they seem to get. We will pray for Lady!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I hope Lady has quite a bit of time left with your family.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry to hear about Lady. I hope you can keep her comfortable and enjoy some good quality time with her.

Big prayers for Lady and family!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well, we went back for another visit to the whitecoats today.

Lady is doing okay for an elderly pup with cancer. She's getting cataracts, which isn't a surprise to me, and we evidently have to cut back a bit on the treats, as she's gaining weight.

We suffered the indignity of having toenails trimmed as well.

On a happier note, we met 2 dogs from the Broome County animal shelter who were in for their pre going home checkups! One they both looked like (shapewise) 1/3 scale rotties with absolutely cotton soft fur. One was a gorgeous buckskin tan, the other was black with white chest markings. Lady was very sociable with them, and while they were puppy rambunctious, they were both very well behaved. Lady even let me scritch the ears of the pups, though I did get a rather indignant interrogation when we got home. I hope they do well in their new homes, they were both certainly good deserving dogs.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Good to hear she is doing pretty well despite the cancer, and survived the indignity of the toenail trim!

Must have been fun seeing those pups, and knowing they were on their way to new homes!
    I've Been Frosted

The smaller one reminded me briefly of Lady when she was a pup. I wanted to dognap him and take him home.....Patch deserves a puppy.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The smaller one reminded me briefly of Lady when she was a pup. I wanted to dognap him and take him home.....Patch deserves a puppy.
    But if you got an indignant greeting when you came home with just the scent of the pups on you, can you imagine his reaction to another critter as bouncy and enthusiastic as himself?
    I've Been Frosted

The indignant sniff was from Lady, not Patch.

Patch evidently couldn't care less.

I am sorry that I didn't keep up with this thread & did not know about Lady's diagnosis. It does
    sound like she is still being her sweet self & that's good. My last time at the Vet with Smokey, the Vet
    referred to him as an "old man". It caught me by surprise until I realized he is 10yrs old now. I never
    think of age when I think of any of my animals but time catches up with us all I guess.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thoughts, prayers and hugs for Lady!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678