Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healthy snacks...

Healthy snacks...

I am once again trying to get back onto a diet. I really only want to lose about 10 pounds. Anyway, what are some healthy snacks that you have found to be tasty, while still being healthy

This may sound weird, but try it, frozen grapes!! They are sooo good...I take them off the vine/stems and put them in a tupperware in the freezer. And then at night when we are watching TV, we snack on them...they are kinda like a frozen slushy in the middle and sooo good.

What healthy snack do you snack on?

I love a trail mix of walnuts, pecans and dried cranberries. I think the next time I make it, I'm going to add some cereal and/or pretzels!

I also love hummus and veggies- so does my oldest!

Apples with or without peanut butter

Oranges

Go check out sparkpeople.com It is a website about healthy lifestyles. I've been on it and it is helping me lose the last of the baby weight. I started it in Dec and have already lost about 12 lbs. I've got 13 more to go!
    Chris

Edamame aka soy beans. I can only find them at the Whole Foods market here. I do NOT like the spicy ones, however.

Sometimes sucking on a sugar free hard candy tides me over too!

Banana. VERY Filling.

Have a drink. For me, often I am thirsty and I don't realize it and instead I eat something. Weird, I know. So if I have a glass of milk, ice tea, hot tea, that is REALLY what my body was asking for anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by chrangharris
    I love a trail mix of walnuts, pecans and dried cranberries. I think the next time I make it, I'm going to add some cereal and/or pretzels!

I also love hummus and veggies- so does my oldest!

Apples with or without peanut butter

Oranges

Go check out sparkpeople.com It is a website about healthy lifestyles. I've been on it and it is helping me lose the last of the baby weight. I started it in Dec and have already lost about 12 lbs. I've got 13 more to go!
    I just joined!! Thanks! I am really looking forward to doing this!! I only need to lose 12 lbs. I would like my goal to be by my 30th birthday, the end of March...time to go read up on more...thanks again!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I just discovered Fage fat free Greek Style yogurt. Only 80 calories in a very good-sized cup and it doesn't taste fat free at all!

Other snackies I like include apples, low carb soy chips from Trader Joe's, carrots. Drinking lots of water or other low/no cal liquids helps. I like Crystal Lite and Diet Snapple Peach Iced tea.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I eat apples, oranges, peaches, banana's and a LOT of slalds. I am not on a diet but since I got off the lipitor and am on the supplements, I can eat that kind of stuff that I had not been able to eat in 35 years or better so I just can't get enough of it. I am not vegaterian but I find I am eating a lot less meat that I use to, maybe eat it only once a week... I'd rather have beans or a salad! Needless to say, the weight is slowly vanishing.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I LOVE frozen grapes!! I like pb on Celery for a healthy snack.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Christiansmommy
    I just joined!! Thanks! I am really looking forward to doing this!! I only need to lose 12 lbs. I would like my goal to be by my 30th birthday, the end of March...time to go read up on more...thanks again!

Glad you like it! It was/is very motivating for hubby and I. We even did little competitions to see who met their daily goals the most! Whoever won, got a prize for the other. I won both times. He had to give me a pedicure and then he had to plan/make/clean a dinner for me!
    Chris

I like all kinds of fruit, but I also eat veggies. I try to grate two carrotts every day, with a small handful of soft raisins in and also 10-15 cut up hazelnuts, it's yummy.

For breakfast in the summer, various fresh fruit and berries in a bowl of Yougurt Natural with a spoonful of honey stirred in, is also yummy.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

i like frozen grapes also. i love the bags of frozen fruit they sell at the grocery store with pineapple, kiwi, grapes, honeydew, cantelope....

i also like to snack on almonds and boiled cabbage..yum!

baby carrots and ranch, pretzels, celery with peanut butter, etc. I like to munch on sunflower seeds without the shell, too.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

yogurt,
    fruit salad,
    veggies with fat free dip.

String cheese is my savior when I crave fats. I also like lots of fruit/veggies with almond butter.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

oh I forgot to say I LOVE salads!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

If i crave chips I eat baked chips instead of regular. I love lettuce with a spread of miracle whip sandwiches, bakes potatoes( with are actually very good for people and the skins are very healthy and are supose to help you lose weight), frozen grapes and other frozen fruits, homemade fruit smoothies, and i drink alot of diet soda, ice tea, and ice water... I could go on forever with snacks that are supose to be healthy but I wont....