Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Partial U.S. Government shutdown

Substitute race for gender.

Or religion.

Or nationality.

If someone here made a statement like yours substituting any of the above for gender, you'd be ...irritated, and the Mayor would most likely at a minimum warn them not to make that statement again.

Victoria, Catherine, Elizabeth, Mary, Indira Ghandi, Bodicea, Isabella, what a wonderful roll call of peacemakers.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

There have been vicious rulers of any race or gender - just read history books carefully. SOME women are good peacemakers, but so are some men! And so it goes throughout history.

I have lived with women (all female dorm) and have lived with all men (housemates) and I could tell you which group I preferred living with, but I have friends of both genders anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

I have lived with women (all female dorm) and have lived with all men (housemates) and I could tell you which group I preferred living with, but I have friends of both genders anyway!

I would probably agree with you on that choice. It is not wise to make generalizations as a rule, but it probably depends on your POV. I know who was the peacemaker
    in my family & a few of my childhood friends felt the same way. With that in mind, here is another interesting article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/15/us...cord.html?_r=0
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The only reason they forced the resolution was it was cutting into their shopping time.

They probably just wiggled the right way at the gaggle of 80-something Senators and used their assets to settle the problem. It's what women have done for eons.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I do like it when any politician, regardless of gender, decides to actually get something done, just wish they had done it 12 days earlier!

Let's stop lauding one gender as being responsible for either the stoppage or the bailout - it is a mixed group, and I am sure someone with a different point of view politically could pick three men and claimed it was all their doing just as much.

They all screwed up - men, women, Republican and Democrat, and while I would not have believed I could have less trust for politicians in general, it has sunk to new lows. There is no "feel good" moment in this, you cannot fool me, no matter how many pundits and talking heads try to!
    I've Been Frosted

Doris and I were watching (I am forced to watch MSNBC on her TV - So, I'll pass on commenting on gender and women dictators........JUST KIDDING) the tube......

There was some kind of post game round table discussion about the effects of the shutdown and what the prez needed to do to get back into the good graces of the people. The talking head said that part of the focus should be on immigration reform so he could keep his popularity with that segment of the population.

I thought, "No mention of the people that were affected by the shutdown" - The only thing that these idiots care about is how the polls look for them.......And the worst part is that everyone will forget about this in few weeks and the finger pointing and blame game will start over again when this 'extension' runs out.