Thread: any good books???

any good books???

I asked this in the pet general, but guess maybe it got over looked so I'll ask here

Can anyone recommend any good books about dogs/cats/any kind of pet that are true stories?? I enjoy reading at night and over the years read every book that I have LOL so if anyone knows of any heart warming books please tell me what they're called!

Genny
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Marley & Me!

Chicken soup for the cat lover's soul
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

James Harriot wrote the following books.

All Creatures Great and Small
    All Things Bright & Beautiful
    All Things Wise and Wonderful
    The Lord God made them all
    James Harriot's Yorkshire

These are funny, sweet, true stories of an English vet. You will laugh and cry.

Another excellent book is Watership Down.

"The Cat Who Came for Christmas" by Cleveland Amory.

Cleveland Amory is the former president of the Fund for Animals. But he was not originally a cat lover. This story is about a rescued cat who adopted him.

He has many humorous and light-hearted true stories about this cat with loads of personality.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Hey thanks guys
    I'm definitely gonna check those out!!

Zippy, I just got thru reading the Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It was really good so if you liked the cat you'll probably love this one--

Actually last night I went to the chickensoup web~site and was going to order a book I found called 'Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul' but it wouldn't let me order it? I don't know why!? Could they maybe be out of that book???
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Marley & Me!
    I love that book!

I'm trying to think. I can't think of any true stories, but I'm thinking...
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Pet Miracles
    Dog Miracles
    Cat Miracles

These books are very sweet and have alot of heart-warming tales of heroic dogs, cats, and just pets in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Genny
    Hey thanks guys

Zippy, I just got thru reading the Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It was really good so if you liked the cat you'll probably love this one--

Actually last night I went to the chickensoup web~site and was going to order a book I found called 'Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul' but it wouldn't let me order it? I don't know why!? Could they maybe be out of that book???
    Check your local library - it has been out for a while, soI bet they have it!

Denise (Brody's mom) sent me a great "cat-book" last year.
    It is called "Cat confidencial" and it is written by Vicky Halls. Highly recommended!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Genny
    Hey thanks guys

I have it, if I can dig it out, I will send it to you.

I have it, if I can dig it out, I will send it to you.
    Hey Jackie, that would be nice of you. Don't feel like you have to though, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere if I keep on searching! Maybe Books-A-Million? I haven't been there much, but I know they do have books to read like that so they might have it?

I don't feel like I have to.

If you would like me to find and send it to you, no problem, I think I got it at the salvation army for 50 cents.