Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George W.'s cat missing?

George W.'s cat missing?

I just read this on ABC.com. It appears that the Bush's cat, Ernie has taken off for places unknown. The article is here http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...cat010404.html
    I can't really blame him since his family didn't take him with them.

Poor Ernie.

That's so sad! I hope they find Ernie soon, or that he returns on his own, SAFE and SOUND. Poor guy.

------------------
    ]Margaret

Poor guy had to live with George W. I don't blame him. Hope he's OK.

funny, i was reading it in Dana Carvey's voice.

Spencer, I love that poem. It is strange that they don't seem to be doing more to find him, isn't it?
    One ray of light in this whole situation is that Ernie's new owner didn't consider declawing him, even though he has proven very destructive. Maybe Ernie is better off in LA.

Spencer...What a riot! Love the Ross Purr-O part too. Somehow I will never think of him the same way again when I see his name in print. Pie charts have taken on a new meaning with me too.

Ok. I'm really worried about Ernie now, and I am a George Bush fan...sorry, Ben. Any update?

I actually voted for Bush. But I don't really like the guy. I hope he does well, ofcourse. And I'm sure eirnie is top cat in his neighborhood. doin' fine.

Perhaps Ernie's taken off to start a new movement to get the USA back into the Kyoto treaty!

Well, I hesitate to be real hard on the Freemans. When a cat wants out, he often finds a way out. And Ernie was definitely an outside cat before, being a rehabilitated homeless cat in the past. So I can't help but think the Freemans were as responsible as a cat family can be, as evidenced by the fact that they refused to have him declawed. I lost a beloved orange and white cat too, when he escaped one day and was never seen again. It is heartbreaking and frustrating, because you never know if they were killed or taken in by a well-meaning person thinking they were strayed, and then either not able to get back out or maybe even relocated when the new family moved. Who ever knows what becomes of these poor kitties when they escape.

Logan...I thought of you originally when I read the article about Ernie. Particularly the part where it says "Ernie began to claw things, including Mr. Bush at times." I guess Ernie and Butter just can't forget their earlier days of being on their own and fending for themselves, although Butter seems to have adapted quite well to the "pampered life."

I was wondering, since Ernie has the plastic caps on his claws, will he be able to defend himself outside and still be able to climb?

By the way, Trevor and Andy also voted for President Bush (with the help of their human). Trevor was looking forward to reading of Ernie's exploits. He feels a kinship with him since they share that orange gene. He took it very hard when he learned that Ernie would not be living in the White House. Now he is wringing his paws hoping that Ernie will be found.

There's been another update about Ernie (see the link below). Apparently he's been missing for a few weeks, but his owner in LA has been checking the shelters everyday and has posted flyers. At least he cares about Ernie. http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20010406_667.html

OJ, is a whole other guilty story. Almost wish he'd never been born, along with the metric system.

I guess I have to say what surprises me the most about this whole situation is that no one in the White House really seems to be all that concerned that Ernie is missing. True, there may not be much "Shrub" can do on the other side of the country, but he's the President. He can order someone, the FBI, CIA (okay, maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but my point still stands).
    If he were at all worried, you know the media would have mentioned it by now. I hope they don't share the mentality that cats/pets are "disposable".