Thread: Mlb 2013!

Hybrid View

Cards are going to the WS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite an embarrassing game for the Dodgers tonight...

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Cards are going to the WS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite an embarrassing game for the Dodgers tonight...
    One thing about winning, and the measure of a class act, is being able to pull it off with humility.

Something that you just don't find in the dirt of a diamond, the grass or even the stands.

And the WS is the Red Sox vs. the Cards.

I'm actually glad the Dodgers didn't make it, I tired of hearing the anointment of Puig as the greatest player on the diamond. Is he good? No question, but it was a touch over the top for the baseball writers to push for him to be in the All Star game when he had been in the majors for all of 1 1/2 months.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

But with the Cardinals and the Red Sox, won't the fans all want wear red as their team color? Just sayin' ...

Good game, but I am sure Iglesias won't live that error down anytime soon.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

I'm actually glad the Dodgers didn't make it, I tired of hearing the anointment of Puig as the greatest player on the diamond. Is he good? No question, but it was a touch over the top for the baseball writers to push for him to be in the All Star game when he had been in the majors for all of 1 1/2 months.
    Puig and Gonzalez were ridiculous showboaters. I mean... great, you got a double, high-five the coach and then focus back on the game... don't stand there chest thumping and fist pumping over a double... for crying out loud.

And dear Puig, if the ump calls you out, just go back to the bullpen like everyone else who gets called out, don't stand there and stare them down or hit the ground with your bat.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

You have to look at the what he did for the dodgers franchise.

They weren't anywhere near finishing at the top of the division. The team was a 'fashion statement' for McCourt and his wife. They redid the stadium and raised the ticket prices to astronomical levels. He also made his wife the VP or somesuch position within the organization. When the divorce started, the team became the centerpiece for the proceedings and they were going to tear it down, had not MLB stepped in.

MLB took control and sold the team to Johnson and his group in the offseason and they weren't picked to finish anywhere near the top.

------------

They really sucked at the beginning of the season when Puig showed up and he was able to inject 'baseball' back into a franchise that really had no business being good.

All the hoopla about him being an All Star was purely hype and BS, but the facts are that this kid can play.

I was waiting for Puig to make the catch that sent then to the World Series, then limp thru an open door in the outfield fence, never to bee seen again.

He's show up at his house, hug his wife and Mr Applegate would have to give him soul back?

-----------------

You will feel better when the Sox win and you don't have to hear the name Yasiel Puig for 6 months.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

"They're just having fun, I would hate to see a game where there wasn't any emotion, I think the fans enjoy it, I would love to see more."
    -Broadcaster Vin Scully, defending the Dodger's showboating style that irritated the Cardinals during the NLCS.

I know I have had problems with wood products and splinters in my lower colon at times, but I learned to deal with it?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/louis...632-slideshow/

Now, we just have to find out how to make 'baseball mud'.....

Well that's a shame:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2013...leyland-return

No more Jim Leyland?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.