Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On kittens, house plants, and vacuums

On kittens, house plants, and vacuums

I currently have 3 under a year, and another one just 18 months. These 4 are quite good at initiating disasters.

Their latest adventure has been to dump ALL the house plant pots, empty the pots of ALL dirt, and drag the plants through out the house, decorating as they go.

I figured the easiest, quickest way to clean up the mess was with the vacuum.

We now have all the house windows open, and will likely be coughing all night long.

We want pictures! We want pictures!

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

What a mess!!! It sounds like you're living with toddlers. I haven't been able to have real or fake plants in my house or even on my balcony for years. I'd like to see some pictures of this disaster too.

Wee devils! Sounds like they had a lot of fun.

Did you think to take pictures????

Yep, that sounds like my house. I gave up on house plants years ago. I don't like to take care of them anyhow, so no biggie. I'm just picturing the catastrophe in your house and chuckling.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sorry, no photos.

Now I know why you NEVER use the vacuum to pick up dirt. Only a broom and dust pan. Live and learn!

ACTUALLY THE FOUND CATS ALL THINK THAT THERE WAS A SECRET EARTHQUAKE IN YOUR HOME, AND THOSE LITTLE ONES WERE WORKING SO HARD TO TRY AND PUT EVERYTHING BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!!!
    I THINK THEY DESERVE A REWARD FOR ALL THAT HARD WORK.

AND A NICE SNOOOZE ON A SOFT BED.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh Gary, trust you to get the INSIDE scoop, via the Found Cats!

The mental image of those little kitties causing all kinds of chaos is hysterical!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

House plants???? What are those??

I know it must have been a huge surprise to you when you found this, but I bet they sure had a good time playing!!!

Are these your first kittens in a while?? Never a dull moment with a kitten(s) around!!

Yoshi was 7 when we got Taz, boy did I forget about kittens.......but I sure did remember quickly what they can get into!

So far Taz has been pretty good, only 'killed': 1 vase (happened the very first week because I didn't think she could get where it was ) and just recently (almost a year later) decided to jump up on the hutch over the computer desk, met a statue - head on, Taz won, statue broken on the floor. All took place @ 3:30 - AM -

Ah, yes............cute little kitties!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Hmmmm,

Another reason to "go green"?

When the Edster was younger he was a one man wrecking crew....

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay View Post
    Are these your first kittens in a while
    I NEVER had this problem in the past; I also never had so many young ones at a time! Only ONE kitten at a time in the past.

I think so many people are missing one huge point here: do NOT vacuum up dirt / soil. The vac just shoots it out the exhaust into the air!

Too Funny & Cute == We Demand Pics Please == Been There With My Babies == I tended To Do Away With The Plants..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What a mess it must have been, but I'm sure the kitties had lots of fun! I can just picture it!

I'm lucky Fister isn't interested in my plants. He will sniff it, if I come home with a new one though.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Their latest adventure has been to dump ALL the house plant pots, empty the pots of ALL dirt, and drag the plants through out the house, decorating as they go.
    haha! I once walked into the kitchen to find that my plant that had formerly been on the windowsill over the sink was now in the sink and covering the sink with a layer of dirt. This was years ago and I had posted a picture of the mess and said that I wondered which kitty had been responsible (although I was quite sure it was Andy). Someone, and I forget who, said that it looked like a case of a suicidal house plant. I think that is what happened in your house. Surely you don't have a bunch of mischievous kitties! The plants must have just wanted to end it all.