Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing moments

Embarrassing moments

Okay, Wednesday the whole senior class went out to take a group photo. We went to this river and were going to cross some rocks to get out in the middle on this little flat place. The guys went across and a few helped us girls across because the rocks were real slippery and stuff. We took the pic and I was going to go back across first. I thought maybe I should let some of the guys go across first to help me then I thought No, I can do this by myself. I stepped on a real slippery rock and fell right into the water. I was trying to get up and this guy came over to help and said "come on you have to get up!" and I was thinking "what do you think I'm doing? Just sitting here contemplating the meaning of life?!" It is the middle of February, snowing, wind blowing, and I'm soaking wet from waist down. It was so cold and so humiliating. I went home and stayed home for the rest of the day.
    Any of you have any embarrassing moments you would like to share?

Don't worry too much about it. At least you didn't get hurt or anything.

Here is an embarassing moment that happened to a friend of mine. She had on a skirt & nylons. She went to the bathroom and somehow the back of her skirt got tucked into her nylons.

Unbeknown to her, she just kept on working, walking around the office for about 1 hour. Finally, some male co-worker brought to her attention, that everybody can see her underwear and a$$!! She said she wanted to quit so bad.

Because of this, when I go to the bathroom, I make doubly sure I don't have my skirt tucked into my underwear or tights (I don't wear nylons).

Now how is that for embarrassing?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

ummm.....my senior year in highschool, i had gone to the local swimming area. My best friend Convinced me to wear a two piece bathing suit! Working there at the time was the local hunk Lifeguard! I went and decided to go off the diving board, and low and behold the top of my suit fell off! I didnt even notice till my friend yelled at me! I was so embarrassed! everyone saw everything!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I've had the bathing suit thing happen to me too when I was about 17.

It was a very high diving board...
    My sister dared me to jump... and I, like an idiot, did.

My top came off and the bottom part went in my butt (major wedgie)...

To make things worse, I hurt my boobs (can you say boobs here) from the impact of the water.

This pain made me react and water went up my nose. I came back up coughing like I was dying, attracting even MORE attention.

All this for a stupid dare.

Another time I wore a sweater inside out to work without realizing it until I went to the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror.

Strange enough.... noone told me. I had gone to the post office and walked to the bank (passed a bunch of people too).
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 02-26-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Unbeknown to her, she just kept on working, walking around the office for about 1 hour. Finally, some male co-worker brought to her attention, that everybody can see her underwear and a$$!! She said she wanted to quit so bad.
    This same thing happened to a teacher at the school I use to work at and all the kids in the cafeteria were talking about it the Monday after Prom. She was one of the teachers assigned to keep a eye on the kids at the prom... she and her boyfriend went to the car for awhile and she came back inside like that! BIG OPPS!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

We all go through embarrassing things now and then- it stinks! I know I've suffered many humiliations, but I must have blocked them out, cause I don't remember any off hand. Either that, or they aren't important enough to worry about anymore! I'm glad you weren't hurt, but don't feel embarrassed, that could have happened to anyone.

It's not so embarrassing now, but it is kind of funny. I was so terrified going out there. I am scared to death of the water.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi
    We all go through embarrassing things now and then- it stinks! I know I've suffered many humiliations, but I must have blocked them out, cause I don't remember any off hand. Either that, or they aren't important enough to worry about anymore! I'm glad you weren't hurt, but don't feel embarrassed, that could have happened to anyone.

That's a great attitude to have !!!!!!!
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

My ex had worked for a prison. We had just moved to a small town in Texas. I went to meet him for lunch one day. As I drove through the main gate, I thought, how nice of them to wave at me. So, I waved back to them. I got to the parking lot to wait for my worse half. Then a couple of guards came over and had to find out who I was. Turns out I was supposed to stop at the main gate and they were trying to get me to stop, not waving at me. I was very embarrassed.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    This same thing happened to a teacher at the school I use to work at and all the kids in the cafeteria were talking about it the Monday after Prom. She was one of the teachers assigned to keep a eye on the kids at the prom... she and her boyfriend went to the car for awhile and she came back inside like that! BIG OPPS!
    LMAO! Seriously?!? That's soooo unprofessional ... yet hilarious to read about!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

About 3 years ago, I had my riding lesson on a Sunday as normal, and I was put on the cheeky pony (every riding school has one!). I was actually doing quite well on him to start off with and was fairly pleased with myself. However, a few minutes later, my friend from primary school turned up unexpectedly. At that point, the pony would not co-operate full stop. He dug his heels in the ground, threw his head in the air and no matter how hard I kicked, would not go forward. It got so bad that I had to get off him and let the instructor ride him for a while! And the friend, who I had often spun a great many stories of horse-riding glory to, saw it all.

Another more recent story happened to my friends, although I was there to witness it. On the school Paris trip, our room was right next to the stairs of the hotel, so people would pass it all the time. One boy (who we speculated might have had a thang for my friend ) would come sometimes and knock on the door, then leg it up the stairs. We just yelled from inside the door at first because he could actually run pretty fast and by the time we'd opened the door, he'd be halfway up the hotel.

Anyway, we planned a surprise attack for him one day. Katherine and Victoria waited behind the door (I was sat on the bed massaging my poor painful feet from all the walking!) and sure enough, the knock came, quickly followed by gallumphing footsteps as he made his way up the stairs. Katherine grinned and swung open the door, yelling when she caught sight of the figure on the stairs, "Aha, caught you, *boy's name*!

The figure turned around, who looked exactly like the boy from behind, blinked in confusion and said,

"Quoi?"

It wasn't the boy, but a French man! The boy had evidently evaded us again, and Victoria immediately ran inside out of view. Katherine was left to flurry up an apology of mixed French and English, before slamming the door and scurrying inside also. Then we just fell about laughing, and the joke hasn't lost any of its appeal today!

Zimbabwe 07/13

This is one of my favorites, and I am sure I shared this here before, but here goes:

When hubby and I were first dating, I needed new bras. Not anything frilly to show off to anyone, purely functional. We decided to go over to the outlet thats down the street together with the kids. That tells you just how exciting the bras were that I had in mind LOL.

So we go to the outlet that is one HUGE floor of nothing but underwear all jumbled together, so we split up looking for my size. I showed everyone the style I had in mind and send everyone off to find that style in the right size. I remember it was a busy Saturday. The store was crowded. About 10 minutes into the hunt, I was on one end of the store, hubby in the middle with all 3 kids on the other end. I suddenly heard my 14 year old step son scream across the floor, "Hey Kim! Is this one big enough?!" while he held up a bra that must have been 50FFF. Everyone in the store turned to look at my stepson to see what he held up, and then turned to look at me turning 15 shades of red, then to hubby who was basically laughing so hard that he was choking. Of course the whole store was also giggling.

I have many other moments of utter embarassment but I too must have blocked them out because I can't remember them. The closest thing I can think of is last week I announced that I am a klutz and proceeded to trip over an ottoman in Dick Van Dyke fashion.

The last embarrassing moment for me was yesterday. Slipped and fell
    off the frount porch while trying to shovel the steps. I landed face first in
    pile of snow. (completely face down in the stuff) Got up with snow in my
    hair, face, clothes, everywhere. I must have looked like quite a sight.

Nohting injured but my pride.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

For me: Falling down the grand stairs in the foyer in my company's home office...ending with my legs heading up the stairs and my skirt up by my face.

For my co-worker: When I spotted her walking down the office hallway with toilet paper coming out the back of her pants, trailing down the floor. OMG! (She's lucky it was me that spotted her first because I wouldn't tell anyone in the office...just my PT friends. )
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

This early summer, i got in my truck to go and see Hubby at work, I drove past big construction crew, got all the way into town, was 2 blocks from hubbys work, when a Police car pulls me over! The officer comes over to the window, and trying hard to hide a smile says "Ma'm why are you dragging a garden hose?" I just stared at him, confused??? So I got out f the truck, and sure enough, dragging behnd was our garden hose!! Unfortunately, it had been attached to the spicket on the house, so By the time I got home, my whole basement was flooded!! I ripped the spicket right out of the house, and busted some pipes! Needless to say hubby got a very panicked Phone call!! We had over 4 inches of water in the basement! Thank god the cop pulled me over when he did, which was only 10 mins from the house, but had the Construction crew said something as I went by I would have only been 1 minute from the house, and wouldnt have had so much Damage! Darn Construction workers!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!