Thread: Fatty & Pretty Girl Need A Home ASAP! Please Consider Them

Fatty & Pretty Girl Need A Home ASAP! Please Consider Them

Please see the previous thread on Fatty & Pretty Girl http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144389

Fatty & Pretty Girl need a home ASAP!

I have my hands full with 7 and since I live in an apartment I really can't take in any more. Please, please tell everyone you know about these 2 sweethearts that need a home.

Just a quick run down, Fatty was diagnosed with hyperthyoridism and he needs daily meds 2 pills a day one in the morning and one in the evening.

My sister is only able to give him 1 since he only shows up in the evenings.

I've e-mailed a bunch of newspapers to put ads in but I also need your help please.

Fatty is ~10 years old and needs his meds! Pretty Girl is just a sweetheart as you can read in my previous thread about her giving him kisses when he was released from the cat carrier.

Please forward to all your friends and I really hope we can find these 2 a great home together.

We made it possible to get him to the vets, I hope we can make it possible for these 2 to get a great home.

Thank you,
    Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 9 2008 (98).JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	39787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 9 2008 (99).JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	39788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 18 2008.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	39789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 18 2008 (3).JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	39790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 18 2008 (8).JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	39791  

Melissa - you will have to pay for ads.

Take the email you sent with their story in it, and send it to the editor p- or assistant editor - of each local newspaper. That's what we are hoping - that someone will do a story on them!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty,

I know there are a few newspapers around the area here that I can place free ads in.

So I'm going to do that plus make posters, I'm just feeling like I'm failing these guys.

I took him to the vets but I don't have enough extra right now to afford his meds but I just need to keep thinking in a positive way about him and Pretty Girl getting a wonderful home where he will get better and live out the remaining years happy.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Melissa - you will have to pay for ads.

Take the email you sent with their story in it, and send it to the editor p- or assistant editor - of each local newspaper. That's what we are hoping - that someone will do a story on them!

WE WISH WE COULD TAKE FATTY IN, AS HE REALLY LOOKS LIKE A GREAT CAT, AND I KNOW THAT THE FOUND CATS WOULD TALE TO FATTY IN A NEW YORK MINUTE, AND WITH THE FOOD HERE, WE COULD FATTEN UP THAT POOR CAT IN NO TIME AT ALL.
    WE PRAY THAT FATTY AND PRETTY GIRL WILL CATCH THE EYE OF A CAT LOVER AND FIND A FURREVER HOME.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you. I've been reading more more about the thyorid in cats and it seems if he isn't given the pill on a regular basis he's heart could fail.

Anyone need two more cats that are so friendly and cute. I'd be willing to drive some distance.

Melissa

Melissa - how did you contact the papers? Did you just send out a whole bunch of messages? Did you actually ASK someone to do a story and help the cats? Did you follow up with the papers after you first contacted them?

If you PM me the name of the town where the cats live, I can contact the newspapers properly, and use your contact information, if you will give it to me.

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Melissa - how did you contact the papers? Did you just send out a whole bunch of messages? Did you actually ASK someone to do a story and help the cats? Did you follow up with the papers after you first contacted them?

If you PM me the name of the town where the cats live, I can contact the newspapers properly, and use your contact information, if you will give it to me.

Thanks.
    That would be so awesome Candace if you were able to help get something going with a story on these guys.
    I wish I could take them but my plate of kitties is so full right now, especially with Tiger's illness. I'm praying that someone will be able to give these two beautiful cats a home and that this story will have a happy ending.

Melissa, if you are able to round them up and provide 'temporary' shelter for them in your bathroom ( I know, not ideal but hopefully just a very temporary situation?) I would be able to donate something towards Fatty's meds to the vet clinic. It wouldn't be much but it would help get things going for this guy. I would hope that he would begin to put on some weight soon and start to get healthy which would really help his chances to get a new home with his pal Pretty Girl.

I just PM Candace.

Yes that's very nice of her doing that. I just got her all the info and as I was e-mailing her I also told her I'm going to place some flyers out there in hopes that he will get a great home and Pretty Girl as well!

So we'll see what those might bring as well.

Thank you for your offer of a donation but until I have something scheduled I don't want to accept anything at the moment.

My husband and I have been bouncing this around back and forth, if it was just Fatty it would be easier it seems but I just don't know how happy he'll be in a house versus outside, I hope he would happier inside, he seemed ok when I had him in the bathroom but that was only for about 5 hours.

I will keep everyone updated on him but as far as my sister giving him the pill she's a doctors assistant PA and she said that the type of pill Fatty has, has to be given on a regular basis and he doesn't come around in the morning for her to give him that and sometimes he doesn't show up in the evenings so it's hard for her to regulate the pill and she feels it's not going to be effective for him if she continues giving him a dose here and there.

Which I do agree with and she has a point. I'm on meds and if I miss one dose it could mess up my system so I know what she is saying.

She also mentioned which I don't know how true this really is but she said that another doctor friend and her were discussing the cat and he said eventually the thyorid will burn out and it won't work and the cat will start to gain weight again.

Now I haven't found any truth to that online at all and I've been trying to do my research on it.

I know there 3 options. But sadly the only one I can afford is giving him a pill but it just sucks that I live so far away from him.

I'm trying very hard to keep a positive attitude that I will eventually find Pretty Girl and Fatty a home where they will be loved and taken care for the rest of their remaining lives.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    That would be so awesome Candace if you were able to help get something going with a story on these guys.
    I wish I could take them but my plate of kitties is so full right now, especially with Tiger's illness. I'm praying that someone will be able to give these two beautiful cats a home and that this story will have a happy ending.

Melissa, if you are able to round them up and provide 'temporary' shelter for them in your bathroom ( I know, not ideal but hopefully just a very temporary situation?) I would be able to donate something towards Fatty's meds to the vet clinic. It wouldn't be much but it would help get things going for this guy. I would hope that he would begin to put on some weight soon and start to get healthy which would really help his chances to get a new home with his pal Pretty Girl.

Just wanted to add another thing.

I just put up posters this weekend to advertise that Fatty & Pretty Girl are up for adoption so I hope I get some phone calls.

I'm also going to be placing them on Best Friends network as well.

Melissa

Any news of Fatty and Pretty Girl? Prayers that they will find a home together.

Sadly no. I've posted flyers up around town and online every where I can think of, I even have it on a Petfinder website but nothing yet.

I wish I could find them a home but no one has called and I'm not sure what else I can do other than keep posting about them.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    Any news of Fatty and Pretty Girl? Prayers that they will find a home together.