Chris, I suspect it will take some time before your daily routines modify. I know how much time it takes to maintain a dog and I hope you find a reason to get up all hours of the night, in all kinds of weather, to go outside. Now that I have a dog, I don't think I could live without one for very long. My dog keeps me active whether I want to or not!

I dread the thoughts of my Prue leaving this earth some day within the next 10 or so years (her life span) - it just doesn't seem like enough time to spend with my girl.

Bob will always be in your heart. He is at peace now and will no longer be uncomfortable. In order to do that, he had to break your heart.

Maybe you will be able to find some space in your heart, for another fur-faced pupster to come in ..... there are so many dogs that need good homes. Bob would approve, I'm sure.

Your loss has made me appreciate my Prue more these days. I treasure her puppy-like routines, knowing she will be a big girl some day and will slow down....and down.....

I am glad you are doing ok.