Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

I can't figure out how to senda pm from my phone, so I'll have to wait until I get home. Alternately I can be reached by text at if someone needs to get in touch sooner than 5pm. I am currently working on procuring a kitty condo for them to stay in.
    Last edited by snakemama; 12-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.

My cousins daughter said she needs to talk to her boyfriend. Should I tell her never mind since we don't think they'd be okay with kids??
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    ok I have just perused this thread and all I'm seeing is anger and bitterness towards Gini's brothers. Yes, it sure isn't ideal and its not nice that they "don't care" about Gini's kitties but remember they are still her flesh and blood that she loved dearly. We are not honoring her memory by bashing her brothers or wishing them ill will either.

I know what my opinion is where the cats should go. But I'm pretty sure that person doesn't want to hear it.
    You know I love you, and this isn't exactly directed towards you, but your post strikes a nerve with me. People make choices. People choose to honor people while they are living, and when they are gone. Crappy family is crappy family- no matter the word family. Why would anyone love dearly someone that shows no compassion towards that loved one's pets is beyond me. That isn't love. And, a large part of the problem, IMO, is that people stand by and "love dearly" people that treat them like crap. Whether it is acting completely without compassion in this instance, beating someone, stealing/lying ...family or not- those people need to account for their actions, and be held accountable.

I have already had one PM which totally sought to excuse this family member's conduct. Call a POS a POS. That is what he is. Gini is gone. Her beloved pets are not. This isn't besmirching her honor or memory, it is standing up for it. feel the same way about the "dear friend" of hers, who couldn't take the pets in for some vague reason. It isn't during the simple, easy fun times that a person's character is shown, it is during the difficult times.

I lost the very few people I had like that in my life a long time ago. When the chips are down....

Come on guys, the focus here is finding a home for the kitties! Can't we all just get along?

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Come on guys, the focus here is finding a home for the kitties! Can't we all just get along?
    Gini's brothers read PT? In the off chance you are referring to Staci and I, I feel pretty comfortable telling you there isn't any issue between the two of us.:/

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Gini's brothers read PT? In the off chance you are referring to Staci and I, I feel pretty comfortable telling you there isn't any issue between the two of us.:/
    I wasn't referring to anyone specifically. I just noticed the thread started to turn it's focus off the kitties just a little. That's all. Not just you and Staci, but what Staci was referring to about people (not necessarily you) bad mouthing the brothers. Anyone not concentrating on the efforts of helping Emma and Annie. The brothers are who they are and we aren't going to change anything about them or their actions. Again, the focus is the kitties. Right?

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically. I just noticed the thread started to turn it's focus off the kitties just a little. That's all. Not just you and Staci, but what Staci was referring to about people (not necessarily you) bad mouthing the brothers. Anyone not concentrating on the efforts of helping Emma and Annie. The brothers are who they are and we aren't going to change anything about them or their actions. Again, the focus is the kitties. Right?
    The focus should be on the kitties. With a side note in the form of a PSA- kick crappy people out of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I can't figure out how to senda pm from my phone, so I'll have to wait until I get home. Alternately I can be reached by text at 408 680 1979 if someone needs to get in touch sooner than 5pm. I am currently working on procuring a kitty condo for them to stay in.
    Oh, that's great! So hope this works out, at least they will be safe until they find a forever home!
    I've Been Frosted

God bless you, snakemama.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It's really sad that Gini's brother wants then out by New Year. How cruel!

Even if Annie and Emma have to travel, I think it would be best to find a home for them together, and preferably a quiet one. I share with anyone I know on CA and nearby states, who I think would be appropiate.

They must find a good home - not a shelter! Gini would turn in her grave.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    The focus should be on the kitties. With a side note in the form of a PSA- kick crappy people out of your life.
    Agreed!

I think my question got lost when I posted at the same time as someone else. What should I tell my cousin?

My cousins daughter said she needs to talk to her boyfriend. Should I tell her never mind since we don't think they'd be okay with kids??

I think my question got lost when I posted at the same time as someone else. What should I tell my cousin?
    You can tell your cousin they have a potential foster home so it need not be an emergency. The girls, as far as I know have not been around kids, so we do not know whether they would be good with them or not. It likely depends on how old the kids are, and whether they can be nice to a couple older girls!
    I've Been Frosted

I couldn't agree more. I know feelings are hurt and we're all angered/annoyed at the turn this has taken. But, the main focus is Annie and Emma. Mike (the brother from Boston) is the person making these decisions…he has A LOT on his plate with Gini's estate and his own life on the other side of the country. Quite honestly, I don't think he's an animal person. He's doing what he's doing for Annie and Emma FOR GINI. They pretty much are his responsibility and while I don't agree with setting crazy deadlines for 2 ex-feral cats that are overweight and older….its not up to me. I appreciate and am grateful they didn't just drop them off at a kill-shelter without telling anyone. He does care, but isn't like us - to him I think animals are just pets. So we aren't even on the same page in that respect. Bill and the housekeeper (bless her!) are feeding and caring for them. When Bill and Mike are not there due to the holidays (etc), the neighbor, Gladys is looking in on them. Mike is making sure they are cared for in that way. I just don't understand the deadline.

OK, back to home finding. My finals are done, so I have more time now. My Mom says she'll go with me to pick them up and take them to the state border (in any direction) - that's as far as I can physically handle, unless its somewhere just over the border.

Update since I started typing this:
    Cathy (snakemama) and I have been 'talking' via text. She's in CA and is offering to put them in a kitty condo in her nice and quiet feed store. The exposure to all her customers would help them find a home. I think that would be nice. Going to talk it over with Slick to see what she thinks.

A GIGANTIC THANK YOU to Cathy (snakemama) for offering this solution to us!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Holy crapola........ I'm crying over here. In a nice quiet store is just where I think they would be OK. I think Annie might take longer to adjust but they will get the exposure they so desperately need.

Kelly: Will gladly pay for the transport.
    Cathy: Will gladly give you some money in Gini's honour for their care.

It's the least I can do.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.