Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again........

Here we go again........

Don't know if you all remember Flame,
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ighlight=Flame

but here we go again......

The other night we were walking Jackie and we heard this pathetic little meow, several times. It sounded like, and I knew in my heart it was a hungry kitty, so I rushed home, got a flashlight and some food. Rushed back to where we heard the meows and started calling for the kitty and shining the flashlight. Nothing. So I left the food in hopes he'd find it.

So today I'm on my way back from doing laundry (I take the golf cart to do laundry) and this pathetic, scrawny, half starved kitten is barely making his way across the street. Now this is a street in our resort so it's not like a busy city street, but he's practically dragging himself across the street - head down, tail down, no energy....I come to a screeching halt and think I can fool him into thinking I have food in my hand. I get close, but not close enough, and all the while he's meowing pathetically at me. I rush home and get some ham, I get back and he's gone - drat! I look around calling for him and I find him, but he runs back across the street and under a parked motorhome - I follow. He scoots into another lot, under some patio furniture that is covered, but he peeks out at me. I creep forward, hand outheld with ham at the very tip of my fingers. I get the ham right up to his nose and he won't bite - little shit! I eventually got close enough to make a grab for him and I actually touched him, but he scooted away at the last minute - drat! I had to go so I rushed home again and made a plate of fancy feast, went back and left it where I last saw him and hoped he'd find it.

Went back later and half the plate was eaten - yes! I didn't get him, but at least he got some food in his belly. I'm going to keep trying in the next few days, and at the very least he'll get food on a regular basis to make him stronger so he can grow a bit and maybe start taking care of himself......unless he lets me catch him.

He's Siamese looking with the light coloring and blue eyes, but not flame point like Flame. I'm estimating him to be at least 4 months old. He's scrawny, but not tiny tiny like flame was. Hopefully I'll be able to catch him soon and I can get a picture for you all.

And NO this is NOT Robin's succession plan. We really don't want a kitten, but I'd be happy to trade a kitten for an adult that won't bat at Jackie.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Dear Auntie Debbie,

Please give a skinny guy an even break!

Once Skinny Eddie

Awww, lil fuzz nugget, I am so glad you ate! Please come out and get found !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

When you posted the link to Flame, I thought that you had run into his new family and they couldn't take care of him any more so you had decided to adopt him. Hopefully the scared little kitten will continue to let you feed him/her and you'll be able to eventually catch him/her and then get him vetted and hopefully adopted out. Good luck.

Oh, good luck on capturing this little one!
    I've Been Frosted

That is such a good stat that that Kitten knows where he/she can find food on a regular basis, that is how I was able to bring so many Porch Cats into the Hotel.
    I know that al of Our Awesome Angels will hep with that Kitten finding a FurrEver Home, and Robin , Peanuts and Tubby Angels
    will tell taht Kitten that there is no need for hunger or being alone ever again.
    We are paying taht Tiger? finds a home soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awww, I will be checking back to see if you managed to catch this little guy/girl.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm with Eddie on this

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    I'm with Eddie on this
    Me too! I hope you'll be able to catch him one of the next few days, and feed him until then. Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kittens can be very loving, too

This kitten sounds like he needs a good home. Ahem. You could always try ......... to keep it/him/her and see how your cat get along with the kitty.

Paws crossed you are able to help him /her. So pleased the food was 'found!'

Went back this morning and not only was all the food gone, the paper plate had bite marks in it and it was as clean as when I took it out of the cupboard! Needless to say, I brought the plate home, filled it again and headed back. Set the food out and waited.......nothing.....drat! Checked the food later, still there. Checked again a little later still there. Checked about 8:00 tonight and not only is the food gone, he's sitting there meowing at me again! But I didn't have more food on me, so again I couldn't get close. Ran home and got some food, by the time I got back he was gone - double drat! Elusive little bugger! Left the food and I'll check on him again in the morning. He'll soon figure out there's regular food there and then maybe I'll be able to catch him. Good news is he didn't look near as scrawny as he did yesterday, so maybe the food I'm giving him is providing nutrition, but maybe it's providing energy also so he can scrounge for food better on his own - hopefully. That way if I can't get him, at least I know he's able to take care of himself.

I hate this! It's really heartbreaking and very stressful.

Cute little shit.......:
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Sounds like progress! I advise a baggie with kitty treats be kept in your jacket pocket, just in case there's a new sighting at an unexpected moment!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom View Post

I hate this! It's really heartbreaking and very stressful.

It is, but you're doing a great job. The idea of having a can or kitty chow morsels in your pocket is a good one. Never know who you might meet.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You're very kind and caring. Yep, You might as well never leave your home unless you have some cat food with you. Hope s/he becomes friendly with you.