Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Ebby photos

I think that she's gorgeous. I hope that the new cat tree is a hit with her.

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vio&Juni View Post
    ... Tell me something, if she closes her eyes, do you see where she is? With Mitzi, we cannot see her when she closes her eyes, even if she's on a light colored rug. I think this is really funny.
    If she is in a dark room yes, if she is sleeping I have to turn on the light to see where she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    ... I hope that the new cat tree is a hit with her.
    Not exactly.
    I put the tree together. Alfie was sleeping on the back of the sofa, as he does, so I opened the gate to the bedroom hoping she would come out. Waited a little while but as there was no show I went in, picked her up, brought her out and put her on her new tree. She sniffed around it a little then got off to explore the rest of the place (I'd moved things around a little since the last time she was 'out'). By now Alfie was awake and watching what she was doing with much interest.
    Finished at exploring she decided she needed a rest and plonked herself down, not on her new tree, oh no, but on Alfie's blanket on the sofa. After a few minutes she decided that wasn't winding Alfie up enough so she gets down and lies on his bed. Not happy with this Alfie gets down off the back of the sofa but couldn't go any further than by my side because, luckily, I had put his lead on him earlier in just in case of any such trouble.
    After about 20 minutes of her constant disdainful staring at Alfie, resulting in his discomfort and sometime growling, she went back in the bedroom to use her litter box.
    I shut the gate.

When I have a few hours to spare in which to keep careful tabs on both Ebby and Alfie, and feel like doing so, I will bring her out again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post

Not exactly.
    I put the tree together. Alfie was sleeping on the back of the sofa, as he does, so I opened the gate to the bedroom hoping she would come out. Waited a little while but as there was no show I went in, picked her up, brought her out and put her on her new tree. She sniffed around it a little then got off to explore the rest of the place (I'd moved things around a little since the last time she was 'out'). By now Alfie was awake and watching what she was doing with much interest.
    Finished at exploring she decided she needed a rest and plonked herself down, not on her new tree, oh no, but on Alfie's blanket on the sofa. After a few minutes she decided that wasn't winding Alfie up enough so she gets down and lies on his bed. Not happy with this Alfie gets down off the back of the sofa but couldn't go any further than by my side because, luckily, I had put his lead on him earlier in just in case of any such trouble.
    After about 20 minutes of her constant disdainful staring at Alfie, resulting in his discomfort and sometime growling, she went back in the bedroom to use her litter box.
    I shut the gate.

When I have a few hours to spare in which to keep careful tabs on both Ebby and Alfie, and feel like doing so, I will bring her out again.
    I'm sorry to hear that she wasn't very interested in her new cat tree. If she likes catnip, maybe you could rub some of it on the new cat tree to help to entice her to use it. Since Ebby seems to like Alfie's blanket and bed maybe she likes his scent too. Wouldn't it be funny if Alfie loved the new cat tree and then Ebby took over his blanket and bed.

Hi Ebby, good to see you, elegant and healthy as ever. Your big eyes full of light are very special.