Thread: Myndi - just checking in

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Myndi - just checking in

Just getting Myndi started here - so I'm turning the task of her recounting some events in her life since the first of the year, over to her. I may be sorry for leaving it up to her - but here she is.....

Hi - Myndi here............

Mom tells me that I've been too quiet and haven't visited here much lately, and I need to stop by and let everybody know that I'm doing very well - considering my advancing years. As some of you know, I turned 17 on my last birthday in January. Mom and my Dr Annie call me "Miracle Myndi", but I just say it's my hard-headed and strong willed nature. Of course lots of lovin from my people, good food, comfy places to park my weary old bones, and a few meds to keep me going, might have something to do with it too! Mom said something about good genes too, but what clothes have to do with it, I sure don't have a clue. She's always saying that she doesn't really like jeans - so what the heck is she talking about??

Anyway - back in April Mom told me that she and I are going to move to North Carolina. I don't know that I like the idea of moving and I don't really know what it means anyway - something about a different house where there are other dogs, cats, and birds. And just wait till I tell you about those birds.........UNBELIEVABLE! I guess I just don't have any choice in the matter, since there's no way I'm letting Mom go anywhere without me. We haven't moved yet - Mom said she makes one step forward then two steps back. That doesn't sound very smart to me.

Anyway, back in May, we did get to go to NC, but we only stayed a few days and then turned around and came home. I was thinking - "oh good - Mom decided we aren't going to move afterall" - but that wasn't the case at all. Mom's brother Charlie had to leave to go to heaven, and we went down to NC for a memorial service. That was another thing that didn't make sense to me - Uncle Charlie wasn't even there to join everybody and everybody was very sad the whole time we were there. I guess maybe they were all sad because Uncle Charlie didn't show up - I really don't understand and figure I shouldn't ask. Mom would probably just tell me that I didn't understand anyway. She did say something about an Irish Wake the night of the memorial, and it did cheer people up and even made them laugh some. Sometimes I just don't understand people.....

Oh - and about those birds. I know what birds are because I've seen them in my yard, but I've never seen them in a cage in a house - 2 of them in 2 different cages, And they were HUGE!!! - I kid you not! Mom said that's because they are parrots. Well - Steve (Mom's son and my most favorite person in the world) was holding me and looking at one of those big birds, when all of a sudden that darn thing let out with a loud MEOW (learned from the cats my Aunt Linda told me), and I was scared half out of my wits. I had a panic attack - I really did - and I scared Mom because I was carrying on so and she thought I was going to have a heart attack and die on the spot! Hey - she can just blame that darn big bird for the whole scary event. So she took me outside and away from the barking dogs, meowing bird, and the commotion of 13 people being there, and then she took me out to the motor home where she and Steve and I would bed down while we were there. That was pretty cool - we had our own home away from home and didn't have to sleep in the big house with all the other people and dogs and cats and BIRDS!

Oh - and the trip down and back was a new experience for me, and kinda fun too. I go for an occasional short ride in the car, so Mom was worried how I would tolerate a 9 or 10 hour trip. Piece of cake - let me tell ya!!! We went down in Steve's car so of course he drove, and Mom and I rode together in the back seat. What fun. She put my pillow bed on the back seat, and some of my toys so there would be familiar smells of home once we got to NC too. I had my own little suitcase too with some more toys, my meds and my special food and my thongs (panties). NO - they are NOT diapers, so don't even go there! I was a little bit nervous at first and only took little naps a few minutes at a time, but then I settled down once we got on the other side of DC and into VA - and slept just about the whole rest of the way there, and when I was awake, then Mom and I played a little tug-of-war with one of my toys. Little did I know at that time that there were BIRDS waiting to scare me at the end of a nice relaxing trip! By the time of the reverse trip - I was a well behaved and well seasoned traveler. Guess I fooled everybody again - tee-hee-hee!

So I haven't been up to much since we got back. Mom said we were going to get back to packing and moving and have it all done in June, but the night we got back from NC she hurt her back, so hasn't been able to do much at all. It's getting better and her doctor said she could start to do some more of the lightweight packing and sorting - just so long as she wears her back support. She said something about getting her motivation back first, so I don't know if she lost it or misplaced it, or if somebody stole it.

I'm doing pretty good - tho the old ticker is slowing down. Sometimes it doesn't get enough oxygen to my brain and I have a little fainting/near fainting spell - but Mom holds me for a minute and then I just go back to what I was doing before it happened. I don't think it's any big deal, but it scares Mom. It's nothing really, really bad tho - like when Sparky was sick last summer and had lots of fainting. Dr Annie says my heart murmur hasn't gotten any worse and I have no fluid build up in my lungs or anywhere else, so no meds at this point. All my blood levels are just fine for a very senior girl too. I just keep chug-chug-chuggin along and keep being my happy little self, and I'll stay here just as long as I possibly can. Mom says I'll sure never starve to death - she calls me an "oinker" - whatever than means. A little funny thing happened when I went to Dr Annie yesterday - well it was actually when I got home. I just went in to have my nails clipped, give her a listen to my heart and lungs and report no new problems. Well - there actually was one, but I didn't know about it till Mom and I got home. I had just a little poopie accident when we got in the house, so Mom went in the bathroom to get some paper to clean it up. When she started to pick it up - I heard a big "EEWWW" out of her. So what's the problem Mom??? - it looks just like all the other poop I've ever left you - right???? Wrong - this one had a tapeworm in it - now I can say "EEWWW" too. It really was a pretty embarrassing thing to happen to a lady such as myself - I've NEVER had any worms in my whole life!!! So Mom got on the phone and called Dr Annie, and doc told her to go back in to the office and pick up a pill to give me that will get rid of that nasty thing! Ick-ick-ick! Mom asked me why I saved it till we got back home, and why didn't I give it to her before we went out the first time. I don't think she was over enthused that she had to go back out into the miserable heat and drive to town again, when she could have gotten the medicine when we were there - if only I hadn't waited to present her with the surprise. Oh well.......

Wow - seems like I've been a real Motor Mouth - huh??? Well blame Mom - she's the one who said I needed to fill you all in with what I've been up to. I've learned to be more chatty since I have to take up where Sparky left off. I sure do miss him - even if he was a typical bratty little brother.

I'll send a few pics too - not that I ever cooperate for any photo shoot - but you can see my adorable self as I am. There's one of me and Sparky - that's the oldest pic, then a couple outside by a flowering bush, one of me and Steve and Steve's daughter Tia. She's really so pretty - that's just not a flattering pic, then there is me laying and looking at a pic of my brother Sparky. Mom has packed most of the pics and nicknacks that where in the bookcase, but left that pic of Spark for me to look at. I lay there and look at it every day - I really do. Mom thinks it's just so sweet when I do that....

Okay - gotta go. Mom said she didn't know I would be so difficult to shut up, once I got talking to y'all. She should know better by now.

Sending love and tail wags and doggie kisses to all,
    The Senior black Pom of the PT community,
    Ms. Myndi-Jo Kong Walt
    yup - that's my real name
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 12 & 13071.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	373.2 KB 
ID:	56789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 12 & 13022.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	935.1 KB 
ID:	56788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 12 & 13032.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	811.3 KB 
ID:	56787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 12 & 13047.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	887.7 KB 
ID:	56791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 12 & 13073.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	56790  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, Myndi - good to hear from you! Now, how did that nasty tapeworm find you? And goodness, those birds sound like they need some supervision ...
    I've Been Frosted

Hello, Good to hear from you. What a wonderful funny informative post.

Myndi, you are such a cutie patootie and I love hearing the world from your POV! Hey, if y'all are movin' to NC, that means a certain Pomeranian and I can come meet you and your mom!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Good to hear from you Myndi! It sounds like you've been having quite a lot of excitement recently! I like the pictures of you. I hope things have settled down a bit now. Take care pretty girl and please tell your mom hi!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Myndi, you are such a cutie patootie and I love hearing the world from your POV! Hey, if y'all are movin' to NC, that means a certain Pomeranian and I can come meet you and your mom!
    Woo-hoo!! That would be a nice little trip - you can even make a whole weekend out of it if you want. It's about 4 hours/200 miles, from Knoxville to Hickory. We plan to meet up with kaycountrygal too - she's only about 2 hours from Hickory.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Mydni, I've been 0part of the PT community for 6 years and this is the most I've ever SEEN of you! I'm so glad we got all the photos, the one of you being held, we can see your lovely face!

I guess I knew about some or even most of the stuff you wrote about, but seeing it all in one place and realizing its been such a busy 7 months for you sure helps put things in perspective. I must admit, I did chuckle when you said the parrot says MEOW! Then I saw that that scared you, I'm sorry. If the story just stopped at meow, it really is quite funny.

Of course you did well traveling, once you caught on to the new situation. Just proves you can still learn lots of stuff! Please give your Mom some snuggles -- she let you use the keyboard for a long time, you need to let her know you appreciate it; then maybe you will get on here more often!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Woo-hoo!! That would be a nice little trip - you can even make a whole weekend out of it if you want. It's about 4 hours/200 miles, from Knoxville to Hickory. We plan to meet up with kaycountrygal too - she's only about 2 hours from Hickory.
    We will have to make it a PT party then .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Great to hear from you Myndi. You're quite the little newsgirl, maybe mom should hire you as her private secretary so she can just relax while you give us updates.

Sounds like you are enjoying all aspects of the coming move, you were such a good little trooper driving down the first time...don't know why mom was so worried, sounds like you're a natural born traveller.
    So glad everything seems to be rolling along...your mom just has to stop taking these two steps back so you can get settled...oh well, no real rush

Just loved the pictures that you posted, you sure don't look your age, us girls never do . I hope we'll be seeing more of those pictures and reading more about your interesting life.
    I hope those "parrots" have learned to chirp politely for when you get back...imagine meowing like huge cats
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Dear Miss Myndi-Jo! Thank you so much for the update! Could you please have your mom give you a BIG hug, snuggle and one of these from me: *gentle little kiss* You are going strong and you are very beautiful!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh Myndi, its great hearing from you! You are such an adorable gal, I'm glad you are still going good. It sure helps that you have a wonderful mum to care for you. Its incredibly precious how you often look at your brother's picture.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Hello Myndi, it's so nice of you to keep everyone updated on the goings on at your house. I know your momma has had a lot on
    her plate lately and is doing the best she can. Your trip to NC sounded like a real adventure & you handled it like a trooper.

I hope you & mom are handling the heat of Summer ok. Thanks for writing to keep us all in the know. Hugs & kisses sweet Myndi.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi all of my PT friends -- Ms Myn here again. I had to wait till Mom turned the computer back on before I could send this. She had to go out and do some errands - she said before it got too hot. Hmmm - by the looks of her when she got back home, it was already too hot. She said that now she will hibernate inside where it's comfy cool for the rest of the day. Sheesh -- she really does look pretty bad. I hope she doesn't feel as bad as she looks. SSHHHH - please don't tell her I said that, or she'll never let me at this keyboard ever again.

Anyway - I just wanted to thank you all for stopping by and reading my abbreviated account of my doings these past few months. Most of it was really a lot of fun and adventurous for me - well - I would have liked to change the BIRDS and tapeworm incidents into something nicer. But Mom is always telling me that I'm a tough little cookie and have weathered a lot of storms, so I got past the two lesser than fun incidents okay too. I'll try to stop by more often and fill you in on anything even halfway interesting and noteworthy - and maybe I'll even cooperate a little and let Mom get some better pictures of me. MAYBE!!

Okay - gotta run - time for my afternoon beauty nap. I think Mom could use one of those too. SSHHHHHH!

Love to all from The Myn
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013