Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Random canine thoughts

Well, now we've had our excitement for the afternoon.

We went outside to do some gardening, to find one of the neighbors was in the garden checking it out. Angel was VERY agitated that the bull would have the temerity to do such a thing, and chased him back across the street.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Well, now we've had our excitement for the afternoon.

We went outside to do some gardening, to find one of the neighbors was in the garden checking it out. Angel was VERY agitated that the bull would have the temerity to do such a thing, and chased him back across the street.
    Hee hee - I wish you had had a video camera running, that must have been some sight to see!
    I've Been Frosted

Wait, what kind of a neighbor was it? A bull? (I'm sure it was not the type of bull who plays basketball in Chicago.) Oh my goodness! Angel pup, you and your humans have such interesting neighbors!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Wait, what kind of a neighbor was it? A bull? (I'm sure it was not the type of bull who plays basketball in Chicago.) Oh my goodness! Angel pup, you and your humans have such interesting neighbors!
    They live across the street from a dairy farm, and next door to a horse farm. So yes, indeed - it was the bovine kind of bull! Who probably outweighed Angel pup by a good 800 pounds or so!
    I've Been Frosted

I AM NOT talking to the humans in this house.

Not ONE of them.

They gave me a baph.

Took my collars off and EVERYTHING!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I AM NOT talking to the humans in this house.

Not ONE of them.

They gave me a baph.

Took my collars off and EVERYTHING!
    Oh, Angel, pup - how awfully traumatic!!! Come see Auntie, I'll give you some extra loving ... and I have a box of c-o-o-k-i-e-s in the kitchen ...
    I've Been Frosted

Hi, Angel! How was the Fourth of July at your house?

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Fourth of July was a very, very noisy day at my house, but not for the reason most of the furkids here have to deal with.

My Dad and Poppa were very, very busy wrecking pieces of my world, and the tools they were using hurt my puppy ears. There were saw, drills, and other noisy things, and my ears are very sensitive to noises. I don't like them. I kept hoping the kids would help me out, but all they could do was take me outside, which helped a little, but some of the noises were outside, too.

They did give me ice cream and a cheeseburger because I tried REALLY hard to be a good puppy.

Fourth of July was a very, very noisy day at my house, but not for the reason most of the furkids here have to deal with.

My Dad and Poppa were very, very busy wrecking pieces of my world, and the tools they were using hurt my puppy ears. There were saw, drills, and other noisy things, and my ears are very sensitive to noises. I don't like them. I kept hoping the kids would help me out, but all they could do was take me outside, which helped a little, but some of the noises were outside, too.

They did give me ice cream and a cheeseburger because I tried REALLY hard to be a good puppy.
    Aww, Angel girl, I am so sorry you had to put up with that. But at least you got treats afterwards! Were you nice to Momma Jenn for her birthday?
    I've Been Frosted

I helped her eat her ice cream!!!

I found that the big wet thing in the back yard has FISHIES in it!!!! When my kids take me out for walks, I try to catch them, but the leash isn't long anough for me to actually get the fish. Dad won't let me get in the pond on our morning walks, though. Something about not wanting a wet dog in bed with him, and the water makes me smell good......the humans don't think so, though.

Angel has a pond with fishies in the back yard, and she had a bull of the bovine variety visit from across the street ... what a fun, busy summer you're having, Angel pup!

I have to agree with your dad on this one. Probably best to be a dry pup when it is time for snuggles.

I almost forgot.

There's another thing Dad doesn't let me play with. I keep seeing these hoppy things all over the yard. Dad tells me that they're toads, and I won't like it if I catch one. I keep trying, though.

I almost forgot.

There's another thing Dad doesn't let me play with. I keep seeing these hoppy things all over the yard. Dad tells me that they're toads, and I won't like it if I catch one. I keep trying, though.
    Oh, Angel, I know they look tempting, but trust me, they are no way near as fun as a squeaky toy - they don't even squeak! Let 'em be, pup - they are eating the bugs that otherwise might eat Dad's garden!
    I've Been Frosted

A prtial pic of Angel's pond and the water lilies that the fishies hide in:

The second attachment does not show up! But the pond looks very tranquil in this shot! One would never know what temptations lurk below the surface!
    I've Been Frosted