Karen, I called a 24hr hospital and was told pretty much to keep doing what I'm doing and watch his hydration closely.

General Grapenut is a foster...the shelter's vet clinic is closed until Tuesday. He does have an appointment Wednesday, I just hate to wait so long.

*Something* appears to have changed overnight. I don't know if he was grinding because he was dehydrated and my syringe-feeding him water helped, or if he had a loose tooth that has fallen out, or if it's something totally different, but the grinding seems to be gone now. He dove into the fresh food this morning with more enthusiasm than he had last night, though he still jerks and shakes his head while he's eating.

They are eating Royal Canin Babycat formula kibble and wet food, which is, frankly, amazing for kittens, despite what the ingredient label says. I DO have a can of Wellness Core that I'll try on them tonight.

He also feels a little heavier, though I loaned out my scale yesterday so I won't be able to confirm that until tonight. Paws crossed that he is gaining now!