Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is Maddy

Here is Maddy

I have posted earlier that I have a puppy that I adopted about 2 weeks ago and I have been sooooo busy with her that I haven't taken the time to sit down and post some pics!

So here she is Miss Maddy May! Check her out she sure is cute!

I also have one question???
    Does anyone who know what could be giving her diarrea? She has been into the vet and had all the tests ran to be sure that she doesn't have a parasite so I am wondering if there are any "home" remedy's to firm up her stool? I provide her lots of water yet she doesn't drink much? She isnt showing much interest in it just enough to get her food down. And she isn't showing any signs of dehydration?
    Any information would be great!! Thanks a ton!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Here.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	41933   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maddy 3.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	732.3 KB 
ID:	41934  

*I've been Boo'd*

Awww! She's cute, congrats on the new addition! Canned pumpkin (plain, don't get any with pumpkin pie flavor) works well to for diarhea, just add some to her food. Most dogs love it (well, at least mine do). The food you are feeding her could be causing it, my dogs have really sensitive stomachs if the dog food doesn't agree with them they get it.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I don't have any suggestions for a remedy, but it's probably caused by her recent changes - where she's living, her food, the water - they could be the cause.

However - I just had to post after I saw her sweet face. What a sweetheart - I love her. I know my guy Sparky would be totally smitten with her if he ever met her. She's absolutely adorable!!

Keep those photos coming please!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I will definately have to try that pumpkin for sure I didn't know if that would work I read it on line? But since you guys have tried maybe I will too!

I will have to keep my camera close....she never sits still
    I have noticed that your sparky doesn't have near the staining on his beard and around his eyes as Maddy does? Do you do something different as far as cleaning or should I look into something more nutritional?

Sparky is a cute! Maddy is quite small she is only 6months but they said she won't get much bigger i guess??

*I've been Boo'd*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by heidiv View Post
    I have noticed that your sparky doesn't have near the staining on his beard and around his eyes as Maddy does? Do you do something different as far as cleaning or should I look into something more nutritional?

Sparky is a cute! Maddy is quite small she is only 6months but they said she won't get much bigger i guess??
    That pic of Sparky was taken right after he had been to the groomer and had a bath and haircut. I have to keep his hair short since he mats and tangles so bad. He gets the staining around his eyes, and his mustache if I let it get long enough. Usually I just trim it up in between visits to the groomer. There are products you can get to remove the discoloration - Petsmart or Petco would have it. I used to use it, but just use the scissors now! Myndi, on the otherhand, doesn't tangle at all, so her hair stays long.

Sparky just turned 9 and he weighs around 12 pounds. What does Maddy weigh?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Very sweet pics. I agree with the other posters regarding the loose stools. It could be the change in food and/or water. I have heard about the canned pumpkin but haven't had to use it yet. Is she a shitzu and how old? My coworker had a shitzu years ago that lived to a ripe old age of 15. He was the cutest dog. She used to bring him into the office. Congrats on your new addition.

She's adorable. Hopefully the canned pumpkin will help her. How is she getting along with your cats? Please keep the pictures coming.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!! What a little sweetheart!!

It's probably what everybody else has said. She is a doll!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    That pic of Sparky was taken right after he had been to the groomer and had a bath and haircut. I have to keep his hair short since he mats and tangles so bad. He gets the staining around his eyes, and his mustache if I let it get long enough. Usually I just trim it up in between visits to the groomer. There are products you can get to remove the discoloration - Petsmart or Petco would have it. I used to use it, but just use the scissors now! Myndi, on the otherhand, doesn't tangle at all, so her hair stays long.

Sparky just turned 9 and he weighs around 12 pounds. What does Maddy weigh?
    She currently weighs about 5lbs she is very tiny for her age. She isn't a big eater so I leave food out for her all evening. Which makes it hard to guess when she needs to to go out so we will continue to go out every hour till I know she understands...

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Very sweet pics. I agree with the other posters regarding the loose stools. It could be the change in food and/or water. I have heard about the canned pumpkin but haven't had to use it yet. Is she a shitzu and how old? My coworker had a shitzu years ago that lived to a ripe old age of 15. He was the cutest dog. She used to bring him into the office. Congrats on your new addition.
    Yep she is a 6 month old Shitzu cute as a button....

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    She's adorable. Hopefully the canned pumpkin will help her. How is she getting along with your cats? Please keep the pictures coming.

Well the whole cat thing has been ummmm I guess you could say very difficult. My parents have been a huge help thank goodness they take Maddy occationally to give the stress level in the house to a minimum for the kitties. Paris isn't doing the best....Which crushes me she is my kitty and I want her to come around. I miss her tremendously. But she has always been scared of everything new. I thought she would react like she did the foster kittens that I had brought into the house. Hiss a little tell them their place and then get over it. But no its been 2 weeks of hiding under the bed and barley eating. But she was showing some signs of coming around today....I am hoping.....I miss her.

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!! What a little sweetheart!!

It's probably what everybody else has said. She is a doll!!
    I do get that a ton! Thanks I think so too I think her grandma thinks she is the best thing since sliced bread She spends some time at her place to relieve the tension on the home front till the kitties do better with her being here. But I dropped her off today since grandma has 4 days off this week and I already miss her

*I've been Boo'd*

Maddy is adorable! Best wishes, sweetie, in your new home!

Yes, the canned pumpkin will work well.

As for the cats, have you gated off a room so the cats can escape and sit in peace? That helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Maddy is adorable! Best wishes, sweetie, in your new home!

Yes, the canned pumpkin will work well.

As for the cats, have you gated off a room so the cats can escape and sit in peace? That helps.
    Yep that was the first thing I did once I brought Maddy in the house.... I took her to my parents house and she has sooooooooooooo much fun! I didn't think that I would get her to come home. So I think since her grandma will be off on Thrusday she gonna spend the day with her again on Thrusday and play with Pearl moms dog...They have all kinds of fun together I did stop by the vet today just to run it by them and they set up with the same bacteria that they use like in danactive for humans only the doggie form and some low residue food to help with the soft stools I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that this helps.. She loved the food treated with that so hopefully she will come around and maybe sleep past 5:00 in the morning.... Lets pray it works

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by heidiv View Post
    She currently weighs about 5lbs she is very tiny for her age. She isn't a big eater so I leave food out for her all evening. Which makes it hard to guess when she needs to to go out so we will continue to go out every hour till I know she understands...
    To help with getting her on a schedule, itd be better to feed on a routine. I feed at 8:30a and 7p. Dogs go out before and after they eat. It helps to make sure there are no accidents. Just set her bowl down for 15 min, let her eat what she wants (might be more with the 'special' pumpkin on it) and then pick up the bowl and wait until the next feeding time. She'll figure out that she needs to eat at these times and it will be easier on you to know when she needs to go.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!